Just bought a Hi Point - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just bought a Hi Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 386 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Now, I'm neither for it or against it.
I just don't know much about it. But
what I am scratching my head about
is the relative low price on a Hi Point.
If they are that good as the previous
reports say they are. How come they
sell for practically nothing in these days
where everything has been going up?
Just interested.
they don't use as much steel as some others or get the refinement that some others do. i don't wanna say they cut corners, because i wouldn't neccissarily call it that, but using alot of molded plastics & also using the blowback action as opposed to recoil operated make them simpler & cheaper to produce. blowback uses fewer parts compared to more popular systems, well that's the way i understand it anyway. also the slides are powdercoated as opposed to blueing or parkerizing both of which require a bit more human touch & labor to make it look good.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #42

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I bought one about 2 years ago ( 9MM) for my night watchman to keep at the gravel pit.

I gave $139.00 new in the box - - - about two weeks later I told my night watchman ( my wife's cousin that lives in a trailer in the pit rent free to look after the place ) to go get the gun as we were going to site it in.

After much foot shoffeling and attempting to side track me I found out he had sold it to his brother for $200.00 right after the brother got out of jail!

I gave him 2 hours to get it back and when the brother stated he had already sold it in a tavern I went to the sheriff's office and reported it as stolen. I do not want my name assoiciated with it!

So I don't know how good or bad they are but the night watchman said he put about 150 rounds thru it and great gun in his view point.

I feel the reason most people don't have something like that is the gun shops can't make enough profit!

Taught me a great lesson - - - never trust anyone with the control of a firearm that is registered to you!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #43

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Personally I would have done more reporting than a stolen gun. But then again there's the straw purchase laws.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #44

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think my only complaint about the pistol would be stripping it down for cleaning. It is the biggest pain in the butt. Most shops ive taken it to wont even touch the damn thing. I clean it the best I can after every shoot, but most times I make the sacrifice by taking it to one local dealer that has gladly(and surprisingly) taken on this job for me. $15 and im on my way.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 09-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #45

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja
I think my only complaint about the pistol would be stripping it down for cleaning. It is the biggest pain in the butt. Most shops ive taken it to wont even touch the damn thing. I clean it the best I can after every shoot, but most times I make the sacrifice by taking it to one local dealer that has gladly(and surprisingly) taken on this job for me. $15 and im on my way.
Arent the slides fixed to the frame? Not being a smartass,this is just wat ive heard

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Arent the slides fixed to the frame? Not being a smartass,this is just wat ive heard
No you can field strip the gun. I think you may be confused because the barrel is fixed to the frame.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
I bought one about 2 years ago ( 9MM) for my night watchman to keep at the gravel pit.

I gave $139.00 new in the box - - - about two weeks later I told my night watchman ( my wife's cousin that lives in a trailer in the pit rent free to look after the place ) to go get the gun as we were going to site it in.

After much foot shoffeling and attempting to side track me I found out he had sold it to his brother for $200.00 right after the brother got out of jail!

I gave him 2 hours to get it back and when the brother stated he had already sold it in a tavern I went to the sheriff's office and reported it as stolen. I do not want my name assoiciated with it!

So I don't know how good or bad they are but the night watchman said he put about 150 rounds thru it and great gun in his view point.

I feel the reason most people don't have something like that is the gun shops can't make enough profit!

Taught me a great lesson - - - never trust anyone with the control of a firearm that is registered to you!
Well I would have reported him to the police and I would have fired him.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #48

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh45gun

No you can field strip the gun. I think you may be confused because the barrel is fixed to the frame.
Ur right im confused,lol.. I knew it was something like that

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #49

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

To give you an idea on how to break it down.. its a PDF file...
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/ manuals/C-9_CF380.pdf

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 09-25-2011, 05:48 AM   #50
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

went to the gun store today to pick up a scope i had ordered, was just looking around and got to looking at pistols, lo and behold, a hi-point 9mm for $159 = tax, brand new! if i find a used one in good condition for $125 or less, i'm buying it.