Just bought a Hi Point - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just bought a Hi Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Lets not talk about how they are ugly. How many guns aren't ugly? Not too damn many, "the most popular gun in the world" (glocks) always have, and always will, look like they are made from legos. 92's are insanely ugly as well, most pistols are ugly in fact. But, looks don't matter much, its about function, and the hipoint has that.

Also, Necro'd.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Cory2; 03-23-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #142

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Lets not talk about how they are ugly. How many guns aren't ugly? Not too damn many, "the most popular gun in the world" (glocks) always have, and always will, look like they are made from legos. 92's are insanely ugly as well,
Quote:
most pistols are ugly in fact.
But, looks don't matter much, its about function, and the hipoint has that.

Also, Necro'd.
Com'on now-- Whats ugly about a true 1911

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #143

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Com'on now-- Whats ugly about a true 1911
I didn't say 1911's were ugly for a reason 1911's are beautiful

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 03-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #144

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you won't a hi point then buy a hi point but if you want another pistol then don't buy a hi point because it will never make you happy and you'll end up spending more money in the long run.

I budget for everything in life and most people lack patients. Get an empty envelop and write on the front the pistol you want and then hide the envelop in a place you won't touch. Look at your expenses and see how much a week you can put aside even if it's 5 dollars just put it in the envelope and before you know it you'll have what you really want not want you bought because that's all you had from your last paycheck.

Not saying that's what anyone here does but I'm just saying in the long run you will have no regrets and will save money.

Cheers

Old 03-23-2012, 03:31 AM   #145

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Well, 1st whats a feed trough
And the 500 round BREAK IN --Weary of hearing that crap
I think most understood he was referring to the feed ramp, check out Canebrakes thread " break in is a criminal activity or noob mispeak" and tell him your weary of hearing that crap, and he's talking about the revered 1911, and says don't even think about complaining about jams, etc. until you put your first 500 rounds through.(I doubt youll find a more knowledgeable member, especially on the 1911 platform) I dont see how its out of the question that the high point would need the same.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default They will surprise you...

I just got back from WV after spending a year babysitting four of my grand kids with my wife while my daughter was deployed overseas. I had to leave my guns behind in Texas. No fun. My son bought a Kel-Tec PF9 for me for home protection since you can't buy a handgun out of state. I had to drive thirty minutes to shoot the new pistol and find time to do that since I had to pick the kids up from school and do other activities. I got to shoot it three times in the year. When I got back home, the first gun I grabbed was my C9 and headed for the pasture. It filled my hand more than the Kel-Tec being bigger, but something I noticed right away. That Hi-Point is a lot more accurate than I remember. I had to really perfect my shooting up there, shooting a small, light gun for a short time. I found the little gun was pretty accurate if you took your time. The C9, was right on with a close group even with rapid fire. Gotta love a Hi-Point!!

Dave