Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Just bought a Hi Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh45gun View Post
Well I like my Hi Point 45 and I will also say yea they are ugly but then so is Glock and the rest of the Polymer guns. When it comes to Semi Auto's nothing looks as nice as a 1911.
Well said
Well, except for likeing the hi-point thing

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #132
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1715 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh45gun View Post
Well I like my Hi Point 45 and I will also say yea they are ugly but then so is Glock and the rest of the Polymer guns. When it comes to Semi Auto's nothing looks as nice as a 1911.
Well maybe a Browning High power.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #133

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Well maybe a Browning High power.
and the shear sex-appeal of a Beretta 92

Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
and the shear sex-appeal of a Beretta 92

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #135

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

You haven't heard Hossfly?...The Italians have a flair for design.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #136

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I agree with you Don, g****s ARE ugly. I haven't ever seen one in a gun store that I had the slightest desire to hold.

You also got a lifetime warranty with that pistol!

Old 11-05-2011, 02:12 AM   #137

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Congratulations on your purchase, they're a great gun in my opinion. Sure I think they're mildly ugly and by all means extremely top heavy, and far from compact, but shoot and perform flawlessly. My father had a Hi-Point C9 that he bought brand new about 4 or 5 years ago for only a $130, and shot over 1000 rounds through it without even one hiccup or FTE's. I recently about a month ago bought me my first gun a Hi-point .45 caliber and have shot 150 rounds through it with out any jams, FTE's or any other hiccup. I would have no problem trusting my life with it even though I only paid $180 brand new. My opinion is the only haters of Hi-point have never actually spent the time shooting one is is only going by looks and price and calling it a bad gun or as the employees at the gun range I go to calls them, a heavy paper weight. However I would trust it over over the Glock they let me use once that jammed up over 20 times in a session with 50 rounds of ammo and I eventually had to give back to them in favor of a different firearm, after it jammed several times on them after they kept saying it was just the way I was shooting, which turned out to be wrong and it was just a very unreliable handgun and would rather trust my life to a butter knife then to use their Glock. I just hope my newest gun, a Glock 22 performs as good as my Hi-point, and that it isn't as bad as the only one that the gun range had.

Colt Model (N) 1908
Smith & Wesson 30-1
Taurus Model 85
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Marlin 60
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger Target 22/45 MKIII

Previous Firearms:
Hi-Point JHP
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger LCP
Taurus PT-25
Cobra FS380CB
Cobra CA380BB

Old 11-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #138

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlbf406
My opinion is the only haters of Hi-point have never actually spent the time shooting one is is only going by looks and price and calling it a bad gun or as the employees at the gun range I go to calls them, a heavy paper weight. .
Well said.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 03-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #139

Default hi-point c-9 with ghost sight

first. You need to polish the feed trough. I do not like the fact you have to remove a rolled pin for disssembly but for the price it's not bad. Just a pain. You HAVE to polish the trough or you will have misfeeds(hangups). Best thing is a dremel with a cone polishing tool. Use mild polishing compound and get every bit of black off of the trough. You also need to use rounds that have a nice taper. No blunt tips rounds like federeal 147 grain hydro-shoks. I use 115 grain remington J.H.P.'s. Also, mount the ghost sights. It's almost like using an Aimpoint Comp M2 or M4 on an M-4. (I am ex infantry)You can fire both eyes open and it is awesome quick aquisition. Do not try to put fluouresent paint on them. Enough practice and it is instant aquisition. As usual use your finger alongside the action to get your inititial aim then go to the sight.I fired over a thousand rounds and mine is very accurate at 10-20 paces(30-60 feet). Very close to my Beretta 92FS(Italian made) I heard from others thee are flukes that they don't like mainly cause they think they are sloppier than a quality name one(Beretta,Glock,Ruger,Etc) but I got a very good one. If you do not polish the feed trough you will be screwed or worse.I love mine but would like more capacity with the clip. I only load 7 per clip and not eight but carry 2 extra clips on top of the one in the weapon. good luck but shoot, shoot, shoot. At least 500 rds. before you conceal carry and use it to rely on! I can't stress this more. If yours screws up sent it back(Lifetime warranty) and get a replacement. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Don't chance it.

Last edited by kirkbennett; 03-22-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbennett View Post
Quote:
first. You need to polish the feed trough.
I do not like the fact you have to remove a rolled pin for disssembly but for the price it's not bad. Just a pain. You HAVE to polish the trough or you will have misfeeds(hangups). Best thing is a dremel with a cone polishing tool. Use mild polishing compound and get every bit of black off of the trough. You also need to use rounds that have a nice taper. No blunt tips rounds like federeal 147 grain hydro-shoks. I use 115 grain remington J.H.P.'s. Also, mount the ghost sights. It's almost like using an Aimpoint Comp M2 or M4 on an M-4. (I am ex infantry)You can fire both eyes open and it is awesome quick aquisition. Do not try to put fluouresent paint on them. Enough practice and it is instant aquisition. As usual use your finger alongside the action to get your inititial aim then go to the sight.I fired over a thousand rounds and mine is very accurate at 10-20 paces(30-60 feet). Very close to my Beretta 92FS(Italian made) I heard from others thee are flukes that they don't like mainly cause they think they are sloppier than a quality name one(Beretta,Glock,Ruger,Etc) but I got a very good one. If you do not polish the feed trough you will be screwed or worse.I love mine but would like more capacity with the clip. I only load 7 per clip and not eight but carry 2 extra clips on top of the one in the weapon. good luck but shoot,
Quote:
shoot, shoot. At least 500 rds. before you conceal carry and use it to rely on! I can't stress this more. If yours screws up sent it back(Lifetime warranty) and get a replacement. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Don't chance it.
Well, 1st whats a feed trough
And the 500 round BREAK IN --Weary of hearing that crap

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET