Just bought a Hi Point - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Just bought a Hi Point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody

Please people, we need this! As soon as I get one I am on board. I can just see it now. Broom handle stock, switchblade bayonet, 100 rd drum... Rpg?
Good God man, what the hell is wrong with you?!?

..you forgot tooth pick, tweezers, cork screw,Philips head, flat head and scissors.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #92
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

maybe they can start a new tv show, "Trick My Hi-Point"

Old 09-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #93

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Bud's lists basic Highpoints W/out any add ons at around $200 new. For that price, I'd take a chance. I have read enough good things about them & their Customer Service. I don't even find the THAT ugly. (Unless compared to my Beretta 96A1).
200 for a Hi-Point? Seriously? They have the .45 for 161, plus shipping. I bought two of them from the local gun shop (.40), so I could teach my sons how to shoot on a very basic gun.
They are nuts over them, and love the weight. As my youngest said, if he runs out of ammo, he can beat them to death with it!
But I paid 150 each for them. New.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #94
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I like the part that they are all American made and are really inexpensive, well the cheap part kinda scares me a little. I would be afraid it would blow up in my hand. God bless them for turning out a product everyone can afford so more people can protect themselves and their families. I just cant get over how UGLY they are. I carry either a colt, kimber or sig because they go boom everytime, sounds like the hipoint does too, but also because they are nice to look at and customize. Heck I will buy one for $150 but they need to make them easier on the eyes first.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #95

Liked 128 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Last month, I bought a slightly used Hi-Point C9 and 175 rounds of Winchester 115 gr FMJ from a customer who wasn't happy with the pistol. He'd fired 25 rounds and had three jams {stovepipes}. So. I took it {and the ammunition} off his hands for a mere $100.

Since I have read on the Hi-Point website that one should fire at least 200 rounds through the weapon to break it in, I purchased several boxes of Monarch 115 gr FMJ's and took it to my back yard and put her through the paces.

575 rounds later {400 Monarch/175 Winchester} I had a pretty good pistol. The sights are preset to about 15 yards and hit where I point it. The recoil isn't excessive {compared to say, a Kahr} and the operation of the pistol is very smooth. Both magazines functioned as advertised. The only problem I had was the Winchester ammo continued to stovepipe, about once every 2nd or 3rd magazine (5 rounds loaded). Could not figure out what that particular problem was...

I am pretty impressed with the pistol myself and feel satisfied with my purchase. True, it belongs to the Lee sisters {Ug, Ghast and Home}, but, it functions well with cheap ammo. It's now my truck gun. I am planning to buy one of the newer Hi-Point carbines {9mm} to go with it.

eldarbeast

Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #96

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

I've seen some pretty prop guns, doesn't mean I would buy one. I'll take a functional arm over a good looking one any day.

Not saying those guns aren't functional by any means. But comparing the highpoint to a Kimber or the like is wrong. It's like comparing a Rebel to a Road King. ( motorcycles, for those who care). It would be unfair to HP to have to live up to that standard. At least no without quadrupling their price and defeating the purpose.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #97

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast

Since I have read on the Hi-Point website that one should fire at least 200 rounds through the weapon to break it in, I purchased several boxes of Monarch 115 gr FMJ's and took it to my back yard and put her through the paces.

The only problem I had was the Winchester ammo continued to stovepipe, about once every 2nd or 3rd magazine (5 rounds loaded). Could not figure out what that particular problem was...

eldarbeast
From my personal experience, the best ammo to feed through this pistol is Blazer brass. I have yet to have a FTF/FTE.

As for Winchester, ive had tons of problems in .45acp and in 9mm. Missfires and FTF atleast 1/15.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #98

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
It's like comparing a Rebel to a Road King. ( motorcycles, for those who care).
wouldn't the rebel be more in the mini bike category? O.o

Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
I like the part that they are all American made and are really inexpensive, well the cheap part kinda scares me a little. I would be afraid it would blow up in my hand. God bless them for turning out a product everyone can afford so more people can protect themselves and their families. I just cant get over how UGLY they are. I carry either a colt, kimber or sig because they go boom everytime, sounds like the hipoint does too, but also because they are nice to look at and customize. Heck I will buy one for $150 but they need to make them easier on the eyes first.
Kimber goes boom everytime? Not from what I've been reading.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #100

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
wouldn't the rebel be more in the mini bike category? O.o
That or a moped on crack.