Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Just bought a Hi Point (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/just-bought-hi-point-47732/)

donthav1 09-03-2011 10:56 PM

Just bought a Hi Point

Well i gotta say curiousity got the better of me. I was in a local pawn shop a week & a half ago gettin an FFL copy for a gunbroker transfer & see they had a very lightly used Hi point C9 for $120. i looked it over a few times & decided "i'll come back in a week & if it's still here i'll buy it." well sonofabitch it was still there today. $100 out the door & i got the original box, owners manual, trigger lock, extra mag & extra rear sight with adjustment tool.

took it home, cleaned it up & went to the range with it. i must say i am very suprised. after figuring out the ghost ring sight on paper at about 10 yards, i started plinking at an empty mountain dew bottle about 25 yards away. 1 out of 4 shots i hit it & all misses were in the dirt very close by.....if it would've been a bad guy, they all would've been center mass shots.

out of 100 rounds of winchester whites i had 3 failure to feeds that i'm 99% sure i caused from accidentily hitting the mag release. otherwise no jams of any sort, it went bang every time i pulled the trigger.

now it is far from a perfect gun. loading the first round into the magazines is a bit awkward, it is top heavy (that's ok, i like my women that way too :D ), & it recoiled a suprising amount more than my Radom 35 9mm. but i'm guessing that might be mostly cuz of the inertia of that heavy slide moving on each shot. but all in all, this may be the best $100 i have spent on a firearm or accessory & i am very happy with it so far.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/m...-poiont-c9.jpg

towboater 09-04-2011 12:16 AM

Nice deal.
I'd possibly buy one if the price was right.

neilage66 09-04-2011 12:38 AM

You're a brave brave man. ;)

Good it's working out for you so far.

Jackson87 09-04-2011 03:15 AM

I've heard hi points shoot better if you turn them on their side. ;)

MrWray 09-04-2011 03:43 AM

Thts the one thing about a hi-point, they go bang and some people buy them tht dont care for guns but want something cheap to throw in the drawer of their nightstand. Reality is, they r hidious, the slides look like they were chiseled out of a leftover cast iron stove from the 20's.. But they do shoot

donthav1 09-04-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson87 (Post 574306)
I've heard hi points shoot better if you turn them on their side. ;)

bahahaha! when i showed up at the range with it a couple people asked me what i had & when i told them it was a Hi Point that seemed to be the opinion they had. maybe i'll try that with the next 100 rounds.

as far as the "ugly" comments, i personally don't think it's any more ugly than a glock.....which personnaly i do think glocks are kinda fugly.. :D

MrWray 09-04-2011 03:30 PM

I have actually seen the little carbine tht hi point makes in gun magazines. I wonder how they are?

Lindenwood 09-04-2011 04:48 PM

The carbines are equally cheap-feeling but they perform wonderfly. Though, OP, you didn't go wrong at all for $100. I'd have done the same thing, heh.

MrWray 09-04-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donthav1

bahahaha! when i showed up at the range with it a couple people asked me what i had & when i told them it was a Hi Point that seemed to be the opinion they had. maybe i'll try that with the next 100 rounds.

as far as the "ugly" comments, i personally don't think it's any more ugly than a glock.....which personnaly i do think glocks are kinda fugly.. :D

Donthav1 i hope i didnt offend u with my hidious comment, i used to own one myself a long long time ago. I paid $150 for mine new and i cant really recall it ever having a malfunction

canebrake 09-04-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donthav1 (Post 574391)

Sig worthy! ;)