Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Just back from the range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/just-back-range-16934/)

Kain 08-14-2009 09:46 PM

Just back from the range

After finally getting a straight answer about transporting my gun without a carry license. (turns out as long as it's unloaded and in "some container" I can take it wherever) I went to the local range and ran 150 rounds of Federal Lightning rounds through the HP22A. I was rather surprised by how well it shot. It felt good in hand, and very natural feeling to operate. Only one round failed to fire out of the entire three boxes. It was a LOT louder than I expected it to be. I assume it's the short barrel length. I've shot .22 rifles in the past that sounded like cap guns. Accuracy is...eh. At 10 yards I was able to put most of the rounds where I wanted them. When cranked out to 25 yards though, I was lucky to even hit the paper, again I'm thinking barrel length has a lot to do with this. So I may be ordering the 5" barrel for this gun. Over all for a gun that cost a massive $130 and firing ammo that's $1.50 a box It's a lot of fun for very little expense. Though I may have to stock up on ammo as I had to go to three different places to even find .22LR in stock, and NO ONE has the CCI that supposedly this gun likes the best.

dunerunner 08-14-2009 09:53 PM

Glad you had fun and with time you'll be hitting the paper at 25 yards. I used to routinely put my targets out at 30 for the first 10 - 15 rnds. Made me feel good about the hits at 20 feet!! :D

Ebee 09-02-2009 07:04 PM

I dont know the law in Ga, but i live in La and whenever i go to the range i carry my ammo and guns unloaded and in a range bag in my trunk. If i was ever pulled over for any reason i would tell the officer right away that i had a gun and ammo in my trunk and am on my way to the range. I think this would make a less stressful situation for me and the officer.

BigByrd47119 09-02-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebee (Post 154576)
I dont know the law in Ga, but i live in La and whenever i go to the range i carry my ammo and guns unloaded and in a range bag in my trunk. If i was ever pulled over for any reason i would tell the officer right away that i had a gun and ammo in my trunk and am on my way to the range. I think this would make a less stressful situation for me and the officer.

Thats pretty much the best way to do it. Even if your state dosnt require it to be in the trunk. As you said, its a lot less stressful for you and the LEO. Unless you CC of course. :D

skullcrusher 09-02-2009 07:40 PM

Every state has different laws on transporting in a vehicle. In Ohio, for instance, the firearm and the ammo have to be in separate areas. The firearm has to be out of driver's reach and the the driver must have to exit the vehicle to gain access to the firearm. Both can be in the trunk, but not in the same case or bag. It is good to know the laws.

NGIB 09-02-2009 07:48 PM

Georgia residents can go here for all the info they need:

Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news