Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Jiminez 380 semi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Jiminez 380 semi

I purchased a Jimenez 280 semi-auto today, and the slide(the piece on the top of the gun that you pull back) is a little loose and I can see the springs. What can I do to fix it? I paid $100 for it. IF there are any links or something, can you please post? The model says J.A. 380.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2009, 02:25 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The first thing you need to do is take it to a gunsmith and have them verify that it is safe to fire (do that ASAP).

Those pistols have a reputation of making the slide become one with your face while you fire.

If you can return this pistol, I recommend that you do, and maybe use the 100 dollars to purchase a Hi-Point 9mm or .380 ACP.

In reference to your question, I do believe that the pistol was designed to have a little "play" in the slide, but I'm not sure.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:32 AM   #3

Well, I bought the pistol for household protection. I won't be takng it to a firing range and shooting targets. It till most likely never get fired unless someone was to break into my house and try to harm me. I do belive in "you get what you payed for." I got it home and was looking at it, and saw a little play in the slide.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You get what you pay for...

Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I have to ask. How much do you feel your life is worth?

I strongly recommend you get some range time in with a reliable pistol. Unless you have some type of firearms practice and training (either a class or by just going to the range by yourself), you run the risk of fumbling with your pistol when you need it which may put your life in danger.

Shooting a pistol accurately is harder than it looks. You need to put in some practice in order to do it well.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

If you are in a budget... you could try a Hi Point 9mm... I would recomend save a little and buy a Bersa, a Keltec or a Rossi revolver.... In here the Tanfoglio are good reasonable priced, in U.S you call it EAA Witness or so... if can make an aditional effor try one or a Taurus...

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #7

No need for this post anymore, since it got taken back

Last edited by ell1sk; 02-19-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #8

it got taken back today. now i plan on getting something else. im now going to be looking for something thats not to small or to big. i used to have a 38 special so thats what im prolly going to be looking into getting agian. any1 got any good links for firearm sales?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ell1sk View Post
No need for this post anymore, since it got taken back
It's a good thing you took it back. A hair weave can stop a bullet from a JA....

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by ell1sk View Post
it got taken back today. now i plan on getting something else. im now going to be looking for something thats not to small or to big. i used to have a 38 special so thats what im prolly going to be looking into getting agian. any1 got any good links for firearm sales?
GunBroker.com==AuctionArms.com 2 good ones I surf

NRA Life MEMBER 1976