Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Jiminez 380 semi (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/jiminez-380-semi-11056/)

ell1sk 02-19-2009 12:24 AM

Jiminez 380 semi

I purchased a Jimenez 280 semi-auto today, and the slide(the piece on the top of the gun that you pull back) is a little loose and I can see the springs. What can I do to fix it? I paid $100 for it. IF there are any links or something, can you please post? The model says J.A. 380.

SGT-MILLER 02-19-2009 02:25 AM

The first thing you need to do is take it to a gunsmith and have them verify that it is safe to fire (do that ASAP).

Those pistols have a reputation of making the slide become one with your face while you fire.:(

If you can return this pistol, I recommend that you do, and maybe use the 100 dollars to purchase a Hi-Point 9mm or .380 ACP.

In reference to your question, I do believe that the pistol was designed to have a little "play" in the slide, but I'm not sure.

ell1sk 02-19-2009 04:32 AM

Well, I bought the pistol for household protection. I won't be takng it to a firing range and shooting targets. It till most likely never get fired unless someone was to break into my house and try to harm me. I do belive in "you get what you payed for." I got it home and was looking at it, and saw a little play in the slide.

Mark F 02-19-2009 10:24 AM

You get what you pay for...

SGT-MILLER 02-19-2009 11:37 AM

I have to ask. How much do you feel your life is worth?

I strongly recommend you get some range time in with a reliable pistol. Unless you have some type of firearms practice and training (either a class or by just going to the range by yourself), you run the risk of fumbling with your pistol when you need it which may put your life in danger.

Shooting a pistol accurately is harder than it looks. You need to put in some practice in order to do it well.

AsmelEduardo 02-19-2009 03:45 PM

If you are in a budget... you could try a Hi Point 9mm... I would recomend save a little and buy a Bersa, a Keltec or a Rossi revolver.... In here the Tanfoglio are good reasonable priced, in U.S you call it EAA Witness or so... if can make an aditional effor try one or a Taurus...

ell1sk 02-19-2009 08:24 PM

No need for this post anymore, since it got taken back

ell1sk 02-19-2009 09:42 PM

it got taken back today. now i plan on getting something else. im now going to be looking for something thats not to small or to big. i used to have a 38 special so thats what im prolly going to be looking into getting agian. any1 got any good links for firearm sales?

ScottG 02-19-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ell1sk (Post 72996)
No need for this post anymore, since it got taken back

It's a good thing you took it back. A hair weave can stop a bullet from a JA....

BILLYBOB44 02-19-2009 11:56 PM

Links

Quote:

Originally Posted by ell1sk (Post 73017)
it got taken back today. now i plan on getting something else. im now going to be looking for something thats not to small or to big. i used to have a 38 special so thats what im prolly going to be looking into getting agian. any1 got any good links for firearm sales?

GunBroker.com==AuctionArms.com 2 good ones I surf;)