jennings j22 ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > jennings j22 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default jennings j22 ?

ok so about a week ago i went to the range to just have some fun with my rifles and pistols and i went to go shoot my jennings j22 , so ok i got a few rounds perfectly shot and then a jam now i know how a jennings jams like crazy but is there any way i can modify my jennings to stop it from jamming

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #2

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

sell it asap

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrea68 View Post
ok so about a week ago i went to the range to just have some fun with my rifles and pistols and i went to go shoot my jennings j22 , so ok i got a few rounds perfectly shot and then a jam now i know how a jennings jams like crazy but is there any way i can modify my jennings to stop it from jamming
Nope.

Look at this. It's a 9mm and a Jennings as well, but the same results can be expected.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/jennings-9mm-9913/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

jennings are one of those pistols you buy when you look at the price...and nothing else.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrea68 View Post

Depends on how it's jamming - feed or eject?. I've found that these things like a little bit nicer ammo. I picked up one super cheap that was listed as a "gunsmith special single shot". It jams like mad with any bulk ammo, but runs CCI Minimags without fail, including rapid fire.

I take it out every once and a while and round a hundred rounds through it. I probably have 5-600 rounds through it now. A lot of fun for a cheap little gun. Still have all my fingers, too!

I'd recommend posting this on the Jennings forum instead of a general firearms forum if you want better responses than "Sell it it's junk":

bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com :: Index

Old 07-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #6

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
Depends on how it's jamming - feed or eject?. I've found that these things like a little bit nicer ammo. I picked up one super cheap that was listed as a "gunsmith special single shot". It jams like mad with any bulk ammo, but runs CCI Minimags without fail, including rapid fire.

I take it out every once and a while and round a hundred rounds through it. I probably have 5-600 rounds through it now. A lot of fun for a cheap little gun. Still have all my fingers, too!

I'd recommend posting this on the Jennings forum instead of a general firearms forum if you want better responses than "Sell it it's junk":

OMG- Them things have their own fourm

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #7

Liked 427 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 1259

the only modifacation you can make is to sell it, and use the $50 or $60 dollars you get towards a new gun.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Trying CCI mini-mags is a good idea, as they're far and away the best solution to finicky rimfires.

Everything I've heard about Jennings is terrible. But when it comes to cheapo little 22s, I have heard generally good things about Phoenix Arms. Just a thought in case you want to replace it with something similar.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9146 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Clean it well, light lube, minimags or CCI Stingers. Other than that, it is what it is.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #10

Default Jennings..you can't polish a cowpie..but you can nickel plate it

I bought a J22 new in '92...and it jammed every single time i shot it regardless of ammo type..I was able to clean the inside of the slide up with a fine hone stone so it would at least operate as a semi-auto and not a single shot. Then it would only cycle with CCI Stinger ammo. You'd be better off buying a Wrist Rocket Slingshot and a Blow-Gun, as far as I'm concerned the only strong point of the Jennings guns is Unreliability. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.