Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   jennings j22 ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/jennings-j22-45509/)

jamesrea68 07-20-2011 02:30 AM

jennings j22 ?

ok so about a week ago i went to the range to just have some fun with my rifles and pistols and i went to go shoot my jennings j22 , so ok i got a few rounds perfectly shot and then a jam now i know how a jennings jams like crazy but is there any way i can modify my jennings to stop it from jamming :eek:

hiwall 07-20-2011 03:28 AM

sell it asap

IGETEVEN 07-20-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesrea68 (Post 545926)
ok so about a week ago i went to the range to just have some fun with my rifles and pistols and i went to go shoot my jennings j22 , so ok i got a few rounds perfectly shot and then a jam now i know how a jennings jams like crazy but is there any way i can modify my jennings to stop it from jamming :eek:

Nope. :(

Look at this. It's a 9mm and a Jennings as well, but the same results can be expected.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/jennings-9mm-9913/

Gojubrian 07-20-2011 01:20 PM

jennings are one of those pistols you buy when you look at the price...and nothing else.

murphyreedus 07-20-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesrea68 (Post 545926)

Depends on how it's jamming - feed or eject?. I've found that these things like a little bit nicer ammo. I picked up one super cheap that was listed as a "gunsmith special single shot". It jams like mad with any bulk ammo, but runs CCI Minimags without fail, including rapid fire.

I take it out every once and a while and round a hundred rounds through it. I probably have 5-600 rounds through it now. A lot of fun for a cheap little gun. Still have all my fingers, too!

I'd recommend posting this on the Jennings forum instead of a general firearms forum if you want better responses than "Sell it it's junk":

bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com :: Index

HOSSFLY 07-20-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyreedus (Post 546232)
Depends on how it's jamming - feed or eject?. I've found that these things like a little bit nicer ammo. I picked up one super cheap that was listed as a "gunsmith special single shot". It jams like mad with any bulk ammo, but runs CCI Minimags without fail, including rapid fire.

I take it out every once and a while and round a hundred rounds through it. I probably have 5-600 rounds through it now. A lot of fun for a cheap little gun. Still have all my fingers, too!

I'd recommend posting this on the Jennings forum instead of a general firearms forum if you want better responses than "Sell it it's junk":

OMG- Them things have their own fourm :confused:

rifleman1 07-20-2011 11:10 PM

the only modifacation you can make is to sell it, and use the $50 or $60 dollars you get towards a new gun.

sweeper22 07-20-2011 11:29 PM

Trying CCI mini-mags is a good idea, as they're far and away the best solution to finicky rimfires.

Everything I've heard about Jennings is terrible. But when it comes to cheapo little 22s, I have heard generally good things about Phoenix Arms. Just a thought in case you want to replace it with something similar.

c3shooter 07-21-2011 01:27 AM

Clean it well, light lube, minimags or CCI Stingers. Other than that, it is what it is.

cauterizer 01-06-2012 09:56 PM

Jennings..you can't polish a cowpie..but you can nickel plate it

I bought a J22 new in '92...and it jammed every single time i shot it regardless of ammo type..I was able to clean the inside of the slide up with a fine hone stone so it would at least operate as a semi-auto and not a single shot. Then it would only cycle with CCI Stinger ammo. You'd be better off buying a Wrist Rocket Slingshot and a Blow-Gun, as far as I'm concerned the only strong point of the Jennings guns is Unreliability. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.