Jennings .22 Semi-Auto Pistol Question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Jennings .22 Semi-Auto Pistol Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Jennings .22 Semi-Auto Pistol Question

Looking at a Jennings .22, But I know very little about them. I've heard they a inclined to failure and jamming. Bang, Click (jam),(clear), Bang, Bang, Click kind of stuff. If anyone has any info, or owns one, what uis the scoop on this little pistol? Are there any easy tricks to making it at least range reliable?

Thanks in advance.

Fap

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2009, 01:15 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

First off, how much are to going to pay for it? If you are paying a very small amount (i.e. around 40-50 dollars or so), it may be worthwhile to purchase it just for the sake of having a potentially fun range plinker.

I've heard both sides. Some people swear that they blow up the second you touch them. Other people say they have put tons of rounds through with only a minor hiccup here and there.

If the weapon is in good condition, and the price is very cheap, I would probably purchase it.

First thing you need to do if you do buy it is give it a really good cleaning. Clean, clean, clean, then clean some more. Once you can tell that it's clean, do it one more time. Then put a nice little coating of oil, work the action, then take it to the range.

Let us know how it performs if you decide to buy it.

P.S. Do NOT dry fire those little pistols. You will break the firing pin, and it will be hard to get a replacement.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The asking price is $50 and the fella says it's in new condition. I had planned on going over tonight but will probably wait until tomorrow to look at it. Though about getting it for my old man for father's day, but I don't want to get him a junk pistol.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

If it's new, it might not be a bad deal. Inspect it very closely before you agree to anything.

Ask him if he'll take 40 cash for it (10 dollars saved is 10 dollars more for lots of .22 ammo).

Go with your gut feeling.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #5

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I would ask to put 15 to 20 rounds through it first. Finding a Jennings that runs reliably is a hit and miss situation. Some work and some don't. If they don't, there is not much you can do. $40 to $50 would be ok for one that runs.

Jim.............................

Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had one 15 years ago or so,it did what it was designed to do. Not the most accurate though.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9150 Times on 3952 Posts
Likes Given: 1427

Keep one in my fishing tackle box. Frankly, the J-22 is not the most reliable auto in the world. Have had some sucess with CCI Stingers in mine. $40-50 about right. Trigger pulls vary from notbad to yagottabekidding, one gun to another.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.