JD---- I ventured out into the new world - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > JD---- I ventured out into the new world

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nice trade Iloveguns!
That is a good example of a older Springfield. As much as you might want to make it look like new I think the value will hold better in current condition better than rebluing it. I also believe the trigger has been replaced and might be worth finding an old stock trigger to bring it back to orginal condition. If it shoots/functions well I think the wear, shows the age well and is a plus and should be kept in that condition as it will appeal to collectors in the future.

The second pistol was a bonus.

Nice trade!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
I figured the almighty Cane would have something to say. But then I thought about it and it hit me, this isn't a COLT.
NO, BUT IT IS A 1911!

Nice snag guns!

First question to you is the same I ask my friends that buy a vintage car, what do you want to do with it? Restore or restro-rod it?

If your intention is to restore and have a vintage stock 1911 then there is little to do much beyond re-bluing.

Now if you want to hot rod the thing boy do I have a ton of suggestions for you!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
NO, BUT IT IS A 1911!

Nice snag guns!

First question to you is the same I ask my friends that buy a vintage car, what do you want to do with it? Restore or restro-rod it?

If your intention is to restore and have a vintage stock 1911 then there is little to do much beyond re-bluing.

Now if you want to hot rod the thing boy do I have a ton of suggestions for you!
I think this one I am just going to keep as original as possible. I now however have the freaking 1911 bug. Can't wait to save up and get a brand spanking new one. Now I just have to decide which one

Old 03-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I now however have the freaking 1911 bug.
And see how quickly that happens?!? Bang! One day the guy is a Glock owner, the next day he has his first 1911, hasn't even shot it yet and the 1911 is already casting it's magical spell to breed within poor iloveguns' safe.

John Browning for the Mutha-Effing WIN!!!

JD

Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Speeking of 1911 I stopped by a gunstore last night on my way to liberal hell (College class).

Seen some nighthawks. OMG I am in love I gotta have one but when it takes 2 months pay to get one it will be a while. Then they had a cool azz AR it was not chambered in 223, 204, 6.8spc, 308, 458SOCOM, nope it was chambered in (Drum Roll Please............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........)

410 yes .410 bore shotgun in an ar platform. it was only $985.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #16

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
I now however have the freaking 1911 bug. Can't wait to save up and get a brand spanking new one.

Welcome son, you should change your name to ilove1911guns. JMB

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello