Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I've been Glocked.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I've been Glocked.

I love my new short-barreled, stock-less AK :P (or my Glock 17L if you want to be specific).

Took a short break from work yesterday to pick up my 17L and shoot 88 of my reloads through it (5 mags + 3). Unsurprisingly (but pleasantly so), it fed them all, whereas the Taurus OSS I dumped to get this would occasionally hang up on them due to the bullet design (147gr Truncated cone in HP and lead).

I also ended up filing down the extended slide release some. It is still "extended," but now has a rounded profile and is probably ~1.5mm shorter. I did this because its sharp corners were digging into the palm of my left hand under recoil.

The trigger was not bad at all, and was surprisingly solid for a DA striker pull. Very little "sponginess." Accuracy seems good, as when I was shooting cans at 25 yards, all of my misses were 2-3" high, but not off-center. I presume I am just not yet used to the 6-o'clock hold. But, I've also done about 15-20k trigger pulls with my various DA firearms over the last couple years, so I guess you could say I've had practice with non-SA triggers.

I'll probably update this when I shoot some groups and put another couple hundred rounds through it.

glock_17l.jpg  

Last edited by Lindenwood; 11-12-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 220 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I'm not sure why they built the grip on the top of the gun. But otherwise, congrats on the new toy.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hmm I have no idea why the pic posted upside-down... I hit submit as I was walking out the door heh.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
(147gr Truncated cone in HP and lead).
Polygonal rifling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are glockers still anti- on the non-jacketed lead?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Heh I thought somebody would notice that. I removed the barrel and checked it with a flashlight after each mag. The leading was indeed pretty bad, but a dozen passes with a bore brush got pretty much all of it out. So, it would be perfectly fine to just use my lead loads (I still have like 700 of them), though I still might pick up a Lone Wolf barrel. But yeah when I was researching the use of lead bullets the general trend with regular cleaning it isn't a huge deal (at least, among those who actually have experience shooting lead through glock barrels).

Last edited by Lindenwood; 11-11-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^ Sounds like the proper precautions. I never liked the unjacketed rounds; i think it may be related to some issues with cheapo .22LR ammo as a young plinker.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #7

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
I've been Glocked.
Sorry to hear that

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I don't see any problem backing a firearm you trust - 1911 or Glock.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:48 AM   #9

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
^^^ Sounds like the proper precautions. I never liked the unjacketed rounds; i think it may be related to some issues with cheapo .22LR ammo as a young plinker.
Yeah, it's recommended not to use cast lead rounds in a GLOCK, but I think that it really just means you'll have to clean it more often if you do. But... many of the people on this forum clean their guns immediately after firing, or as soon as reasonably possible anyways, so... Why not?

Old 11-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5241 Times on 2733 Posts
Likes Given: 329

Long as your not mixing lead and copper between cleanings it isnt a problem. Shooting plain lead in any gun means more frequent cleaningfor the most part.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Newest Threads