I've become a Sig fan
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I've become a Sig fan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I've become a Sig fan

So, I picked up a 226 9mm in a trade awhile back and really enjoy the way it feels and shoots, so when an older West German 220 .45 was offered at a very good price came up, I got it also. It was kinda dirty and old looking, but after cleaning it up and putting about 100 rds thru it, I really like it. Then last week, a buddy wanted to sell his 220 carry and a Sparks VM II for it, I got that one too.

Although they don't shoot like my 1911s, they are fun to shoot and so far, are very dependable. I would have no problem with these as carry pistols. With the right holster, they are just as comfortable to carry as my Kimber or Colt.

Anyone else a Sig fan?

NRA Member
TSRA Member
Texas CCL holder

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I also like Sig`s. The only thing I don`t like, is that the grip is fairly big and don`t really fit in smaller hands. That is why I do prefer my CZ75 Pre "B". Just fits my hands better.

But here some pics of my P226 in 9mm Luger

Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 268 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I've got a p226. My 226 is chambered in 357sig. Due to a factory beavertail, it's profile resembles the Elite/Blackwater models. Apart from a special grip, it's nearly identical to it's tacticool cousins. The Sig night sites are the biggest reason it's my nightstand gun.

Sigs are pretty outstanding guns. The only complaints I've ever heard regard price and stuffy customer service. There are also some pretty solid deals to be had in the used market.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I like all guns with my favorites to shoot being 1911s. This being said, I have 4 Sigs, a 220, 229, 238, and 239. The 229/239 are both .40s (with .357 barrels), the 220 a .45, and the 238 is .380 of course...

Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've never been able to jump on the Sig bandwagon. They shoot well enough but they seem complicated.

It just seems like anything a Sig can do a Glock or XD can do better.

Maybe I just need to own one to understand. There are a lot of things like that. Hmmmm....maybe I can use this as a valid argument to justify a new purchase to the wife.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sig makes an outstanding pistol

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Sig makes an outstanding pistol
Sure do!

I've got the P220 SAO, it's a very accurate firearm.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggergreg View Post
Anyone else a Sig fan?
here, here...love those Sigs...
I use my Mosquito for snake killin' around the ranch & while trail riding.
And also for my favorite pass-time plinking.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:54 AM   #9

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggergreg View Post
Anyone else a Sig fan?
Was always partial to Phil myself but to each his own..

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5922 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 417

i got a pink sig mosquito (yes pink), a p220 45acp with 22LR conversion. recently sold my p226 in 9mm, it was an excellent gun i just dont care for 9mm. sigs are superb handguns very accurate and dont suffer from misplaced safeties on the trigger.