Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > inherited lugar and have no clue how old or value help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default inherited lugar and have no clue how old or value help please

Hi all! thanks for any info you have about this gun i inherited.
It is a lugar with a cursive DWM on top. It has the numbers 81711 on the bottom of the barrel and also where the barrel meets the receiver? It also has the number 11 stamped on the back and various other small parts also have the 11. It also has the letter N with a crown over it stamped on the underside of the barrel, side of reciver, and the slide mechanism.

it is in fairly good condition with very slight pitting and a matching clip(if i can find it). everything looks original. there is a slight amount of play when i wiggle the barrel while holding the grip.

Any idea how old this gun is? Any info would be helpful. I know its hard to give value without a picture, but any idea on ballpark value? How much is that matching clip worth? i cant find it now. Should i have the play in it fixed? Anyways thanks for all your help. I may need to sell this gun soon(like tomorrow) and buy my pregnant girlfriend(just found out) a ring and i dont want to get ripped off. (on the gun or ring). Thanks again.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I cannot give you price or what it is worth but you may have to sit on it to get a better price. Without pictures it is real hard to see the shape it is in. Does it come with papers or holster? That is a gun with collector value if you take it a pawn shop you will get ripped off bad. Best bet is is to find a good gun appraiser. That Gun depending on markings could be worth 900 - 10,000+.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Last edited by 007BondJamesBond007; 10-07-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #3

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You might go here:

Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns at GunBroker.com

...and see if there are any similar listed and, if so, how much they're selling for.