Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I'm thinking if buying a .380 Hellcat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I'm thinking if buying a .380 Hellcat

Any thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I would go with a sig p238. It's single action pistol. And is really nice to shoot.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5306 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

for a 380 my preference is the bersa thunder. they come in slim 7+1 and 15+1 versions.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I looked at one recently as I wanted a pocket .380 but it felt really cheap and didn't feel good in my hand. I bought a Ruger LCP instead. I spent $100 more for the LCP but I think it was worth it.

I did read a great review on the Hellcat on Gunblast.com, however. He said it never has a FTE or FTF.

Go handle it and see how it feels I. Your hands. You may love it.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8059

Just a couple days ago I finally bought a small .380. I did a lot of research and several trips to the gun shop before deciding on which one I liked. I rented a Kahr 380 and an LC9 to see if I'd like the 9mm better. I did not like the LC9. The Kahr was a nice gun but I looked at the LCP, the Bersa Thunder, a Kel Tec, an LCR, the Kahr and a Sig P238. I eventually narrowed it down to the LCP and the Sig. I ended up with the sig because it fit my hand the best and I liked the way it felt. It was a bit heavier than the LCP and I had to decide how important the weight was to me. An LCP seems like it would be a very easy gun to carry and conceal. It is extremely light and small. That's been my very recent experience in finding the right .380 for me.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #6

I carry a bersa thunder with 3 mags of critical defiance. And I can say I have never Ben more impressed with a .380 I'm more of a .45 man but they get hard to carry so I don't even bother with it. But I do take my bersa to the range every 2 weeks and run atleat 50 to 75 rounds through it. I have had it for 3 years and it has never jammed. I've dropped it in the driveway spilled coke on it and it keeps going. And every other .380 I have shot or my friends have ever shot jammed over and over. I fill like I would do better with a rock or a slingshot than some of them. Never shot the hellcat tho. But I do highly recommend the bersa. Hope this helps.