Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   I'm Thinking about... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/im-thinking-about-16728/)

CA357 08-10-2009 04:05 AM

I'm Thinking about...

Selling my Beretta Cougar 8045 and buying a Colt Commander or similar Commander size 1911. I've been thinking about it and I prefer the slimmer profile and slightly longer barrel of a Commander. I don't lose capacity since the Cougar only holds 8 + 1 and I can get that in the Commander.

The only problem is that the Beretta wouldn't pay for the new pistol, so I'd have to put it on layaway. :mad:

The Cougar is a nice pistol. It's dependable and accurate and I just replaced the night sights as well. I hate the thought of taking a bath on it. I've got five mags and a new Don Hume Jit slide that would go with it too.

I figure even with all that stuff, I can only get maybe $450 or so out of it. I guess I could sell the mags and the holster on the Beretta Forum and pick up a bit extra there. But that still doesn't pay for a Commander.

Should I just keep it and try to love it, or should I get rid of it, bite the bullet and get the 1911? :confused:

skullcrusher 08-10-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 141844)
Selling my Beretta Cougar 8045 and buying a Colt Commander or similar Commander size 1911. I've been thinking about it and I prefer the slimmer profile and slightly longer barrel of a Commander. I don't lose capacity since the Cougar only holds 8 + 1 and I can get that in the Commander.

The only problem is that the Beretta wouldn't pay for the new pistol, so I'd have to put it on layaway. :mad:

The Cougar is a nice pistol. It's dependable and accurate and I just replaced the night sights as well. I hate the thought of taking a bath on it. I've got five mags and a new Don Hume Jit slide that would go with it too.

I figure even with all that stuff, I can only get maybe $450 or so out of it. I guess I could sell the mags and the holster on the Beretta Forum and pick up a bit extra there. But that still doesn't pay for a Commander.

Should I just keep it and try to love it, or should I get rid of it, bite the bullet and get the 1911? :confused:

Here's an idea. Keep the Beretta and put the Commander on layaway anyway. Sell something else. The lady have any diamond rings? ;)

canebrake 08-10-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 141844)

Pussy just do it! NIKIE

canebrake 08-10-2009 04:35 AM

Punt the Italian **** gun to the street!

CA357 08-10-2009 04:39 AM

Geez. You guys are brutal. :D

OC357 08-10-2009 05:21 AM

If you don't like the Baretta then sell it. If you do like it then keep it, Either way get the 1911. Put it on layaway if you have to.

I have done stuff like that before and was more satisfied afterwards......but several times I got rid of something that I regreted so it all boils down to whether or not you really like the Baretta.

This is just my opinion.

skullcrusher 08-10-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 141867)
Geez. You guys are brutal. :D

Keep the damn Cougar. Move it down your SHTF list of defenders and get the 1911. Just because you get one does not mean you need to get rid of one. You do make the calls, don't you?

I've got one better. Give me the Beretta for my new venture. I have a kennel for firearms. While in my kennel they are showed much love and attention. They are safe and get exercised and cleaned daily. Just drop off your beloved firearm with enough food to keep them fed for the duration of your absence. I take care of the care personally and guarantee a safe and happy environment for all. I don't play favorites with those in my care. Weekly and monthly rates available.

skullcrusher has copywrited this post. :D

Gojubrian 08-10-2009 07:00 AM

Saw a new colt commander stainless here for $800, looks very nice!

NGIB 08-10-2009 11:16 AM

Handguns are merely tools. If you want a Commander, sell the Cougar if needs be. Some folks never let go of a gun, me on the other hand change them quite often. If I really miss something, I'll just get another one...

Mark F 08-10-2009 11:41 AM

If you really wanted that Commander... you'd find a way to get it.