im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah cause if the hi point failed to go bang he could give you a concussion by hitting you in the head with it lol lol. Just kidding lol

Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #12

Liked 769 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I would fear a well trained and practiced shooter with a high-point, much more than an occasional shooter with a Kimber.
The shooter isn't the issue...this is.

From Wikipedia;

Bryco Arms declared bankruptcy in 2003 as a result of losing a lawsuit filed in Oakland, California and which resulted in a jury award of a record $24 million judgment against Bryco Arms. The lawsuit stemmed from an injury to a then 7-year old boy named Brandon Maxfield received from a 20-year old family friend who was attempting to unload the 380 ACP version of the Bryco Arms Model 38. The gun discharged while the 20-year old was attempting to clear the chamber, the gun inadvertently pointed at Maxfield.[1] The ensuing negligent discharge paralyzed Brandon Maxfield from the neck down. The plaintiffs claimed that due to a design defect, the gun had a cartridge feed problem, made evident when the safety was on and the user pulled back the slide to check the chamber or load a cartridge into the chamber. Rather than re-design the gun to correct the jamming problem, the design of the gun was altered to require that the safety be placed in the fire position when checking the chamber or chambering a cartridge, which hid the problem from the user.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

i cant check the chamber when the safety is on. idk why but thats how it is. the slide locks into place when the safety is on. is that one of the remodeled ones? and i traded a broken marlin 795 for it. the marlin was a piece... it jammed every clip when clean and when it was dirty it plain out would not fire. but the bryco seems like a good deal because it goes boom every time. they are made for fmj standard velocity. i fired hollow points +P and it functioned without a jam...

Old 01-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

this is what mine did. look at his armed pin on the rear of the slide. he did the same thing i did. and thats how mine functioned. seems like people have more problems with the 380's