im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default im probably gonna get flamed for this but here goes...

i traded my .22 for a 9mm bryco jenning 9mm. before i did it i looked it up and saw all the poor reviews. i took it out to the range yesterday and to my suprise it did not explode. it fired every time i pulled the trigger. and was pretty acurate as well. the only issue i had was the rear end of the firing pin was poking out of the back to much, to let you know its live. so i took a pair of needle nose and snipped it at the base. broke out a grinder and grinded the nub left to flat. that just leaves the guide rod and the firing pin on the front side, anyways i adjusted to clip by pinching the top of the clip a tiny but closer so it can feed easier. all in all it seems worth my .22 i traded for it. any opinions? i would prefer people who have either owned or fired it to respond. thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I watched a .380 explode in my brothers face. Just be careful the slide hung up a little and exposed the case and it still fired letting the case explode on him.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2955 Times on 1704 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

No flame if the trade resulted in you getting a better handgun.

(You really had such a cheap .22?)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #4

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

As long as you're happy with it then that's all that really matters, right?

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #5

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Recommendation. Instead of snipping any parts in the future, if you must do home modifications for whatever purposes, desire, aesthetics, functionality, ergonomics, invest in a good dual grit whet stone and slowly hone down small parts by hand.

I don't know if its been proven, but I feel like snipping can put undue areas on a given part and make the metal brittle and weak, possibly also causing small minute cracks leading to the same.

Its my preference and my opinion.

And yeah, if it works for you and your happy, roll with it.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #6

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

They've got a good deal on one, $30 Gunsamerica...$10 shipping though...maybe it's not such a good deal.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What .22 did you trade for it? I'm hoping it wasn't something you could have got a couple hundred dollers for.

EDIT: This deal:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/995909300/Guns/Pistols/Jennings-Pistols/Bryco_Jennings_9mm.htm

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I knew a kid who was very happy with his 9mm bryco. I am not sure i ever actually saw him fire it, though. If you like it, then enjoy it; if it embarasses you, stand by somebody with a hipoint.

Seriously, if you decide to get something "better" or more generally accepted as "reliable", you could probably pick up a Ruger P95 for under $300, barely used. That is a solid, reliable handgun for a low price (not the prettiest piece though, IMO).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #9

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
you could probably pick up a Ruger P95 for under $300, barely used. That is a solid, reliable handgun for a low price (not the prettiest piece though, IMO).
I never understood why people think the P95 isn't a nice looking piece, I think they look great.

And frankly, I wouldn't shoot a 9mm Bryco. Some things you shouldn't go cheap on, firearms are one of them. Firearms can be dangerous if not properly constructed. Do you think SIG, Glock and S&W would put as much time and effort in R & D if you could just bang them out and sell them for less than $200? A 9mm can cause you alot of injury.... and by the way, you hold handguns 2 feet from your face....just sayin'.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #10

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

I would fear a well trained and practiced shooter with a high-point, much more than an occasional shooter with a Kimber.