I'm Making a "Ghost" S&W 3913
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I'm Making a "Ghost" S&W 3913

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default I'm Making a "Ghost" S&W 3913

I sold the KelTec P3AT this morning to pay for a S&W 3913 Ladysmith. If I want a gun, I have to sell a gun and frankly, I can quite easily live without a .380.

I love the slim size and the lines of the rounded trigger guard and the angled dust cover.

What I don't love is the "Ladysmith" that is laser etched into the slide. So, I will be taking it to have the frame and slide bead/glass blasted.

I figure it will be kind of a "Ghost" pistol when it's done. It came with black Hogue rubber grips and I'm replacing them with the factory gray grips. I just ordered them from Brownell's.

So, it currently sits in ten day California gun jail and I can pick it up April 2nd. Being in the hospital and housebound will make the wait go faster.

I'll post some pics of the actual pistol when I have it in hand. In the meantime, here's some pics off the webz. Picture it with a plain smooth matte finish and a clean matte slide.

Product: Model 3913LS Pistol

The Gun Zone -- Smith & Wesson 3913NL

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You told me about this at lunch and I can't wait to see the pics!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #3

I'd rather have that over the keltec any day.
Only thing better would be a Berretta 92 inox ghost. Just on the large size.

Post photos!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I had a 3913 (not the LS) for a time and they are a great carry gun...

Old 03-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I read a bunch about them before I bought it and people seem very happy with them. I've been talking to a guy that does blasting. He's a gun guy as well, so he "gets" what I want to do. Unfortunately, he's a two hour drive from me. However, he'll do it while I wait and he's very reasonable, which is a big factor.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #6

10 DAYS In CA NOW! I don't think I could stay mad at anyone that long. X)

I remember when I lived there it was just 5 days and that was a pain. Chicago 3 days for Hand guns, 1 for long guns. Those are reasons I moved to Philly. Walk in, fill out paper work, wait for the State Police phone call and walk out with your package. However I do like the IL FOID Card for private sales.

As for your LS I too like that pistol. I don't care much for the LS printing either but I wouldn't have it removed. I like that dust cover better than the 3919 too. The way it tapers towards the barrel. Looks cool.

Good luck on your project.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #7

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I've been talking about getting a 3913 or a 908 for ages. Lucky bastid

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Mo.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #9

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

If you get bored with it..... I know a guy who wants it... ME

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 03-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

That will probably be a while.