If a Hi-Point was my only choice????? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > If a Hi-Point was my only choice?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydinker View Post
i have a c9 high point and about 800 rounds of ammo.. for about .20 cents each,,, it has never jambed or ftf... and it just as accurate as any other gun at 20 feet,,,, guaranteed... well worth the money if u need personal protection... u can buy a kimber for 900.00 dollars, but if your not a professional , what difference does it make,,, you may have to polish the feed ramp on the c9 or make some other minor adjustments but kimber wants u to shoot 500 rounds before its broke in????? not practical in my book,,, c9 shot great out of the box... maybe won't last 30,000 rounds,,, i don't care,, it will still stop the ahole
Hi-points are great and all, but you went off the deep end when you try to compare them to a kimber,lol.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Posted by dillydinker:

Quote:
i have a c9 high point and about 800 rounds of ammo.. for about .20 cents each,,, it has never jambed or ftf... and it just as accurate as any other gun at 20 feet,,,, guaranteed... well worth the money if u need personal protection... u can buy a kimber for 900.00 dollars, but if your not a professional , what difference does it make,,, you may have to polish the feed ramp on the c9 or make some other minor adjustments but kimber wants u to shoot 500 rounds before its broke in????? not practical in my book,,, c9 shot great out of the box... maybe won't last 30,000 rounds,,, i don't care,, it will still stop the ahole
This is a Hi-Point:

This is a Kimber Custom II:

There is NO comparison. The Kimber WILL win every single time. If you would like, I can go into detail as to why I feel this way.

I am a big fan of the Hi-Point line of firearms, but we gotta keep it real here....lol.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:17 AM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

If you're looking for a good, inexpensive gun, why don't you look at some CZ 82's and/or CZ 70's? They're older czech surplus guns but they're fine weapons, easily concealable, and fun to shoot. most of the time, you can get them for under $200.
The CZ70 is a .32 and the CZ82 shoots 9x18 makarov rounds.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The CZ82 pistols in my area are slowly going up in price. They are being bought up and the supply is dwindling. If you're interested in getting one, now would be the time.

9x18mm Makarov ammo is still decently priced on-line, so there's no issues there.