Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Idaho Gun Laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Richey
What about inside vehicles?
If you have a permit to carry, anywhere in the vehicle is fine. If you don't, I believe you can have a loaded firearm in the open (on the dash or passenger seat), or if concealed in the vehicle, it needs to be unloaded and cleared ( if under seat or in trunk).
This is what the law was 16+ years ago before I got my permit. I'll try to check on that for you and let you know for sure.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam10-32

If you have a permit to carry, anywhere in the vehicle is fine. If you don't, I believe you can have a loaded firearm in the open (on the dash or passenger seat), or if concealed in the vehicle, it needs to be unloaded and cleared ( if under seat or in trunk).
This is what the law was 16+ years ago before I got my permit. I'll try to check on that for you and let you know for sure.
Just got off the phone with a state trooper (bro-in-law) and he said that I was correct. You may have a loaded firearm IN PLAIN SIGHT. But if NOT IN PLAIN SIGHT, firearm and ammo must be in separate parts of the vehicle.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam10-32 View Post
Just got off the phone with a state trooper (bro-in-law) and he said that I was correct. You may have a loaded firearm IN PLAIN SIGHT. But if NOT IN PLAIN SIGHT, firearm and ammo must be in separate parts of the vehicle.
Dude you're awesome! Making phone calls and everything. How much do I owe you? lol

Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Richey

Dude you're awesome! Making phone calls and everything. How much do I owe you? lol
The 1st one is free, but the next one....jk. Hey, no problem. Anything I can do to help!