I want a single stack .45 but I'm torn between.. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I want a single stack .45 but I'm torn between..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Honestly though, I'd like to buy a firearm made in the states, I've heard more than a few people comment on the Philippine made firearms but if I could buy US made, even at twice the price, I'd prefer it.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Honestly though, I'd like to buy a firearm made in the states, I've heard more than a few people comment on the Philippine made firearms but if I could buy US made, even at twice the price, I'd prefer it.
Wiebelhaus, please don't let the fact that they are made in the Phillipines scare you away from some very good pistols. i am on my second American Classic and it's made in the Phillipines just like the RIA pistols. i have looked at the RIA pistols and wouldn't hesitate in buying one at all. when it comes to my firearms, i am very picky when it comes to spending my money. on a side note many of the SA 1911's are made in Brazil and i wouldn't hesitate on buying a SA for one second. if you get a chance to look at them in person, please do. i think you will be much impressed with them.

here is my MetroArms American Classic Commander. with some minor changes.
1911-commander-002-009.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #33

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Wiebelhaus, please don't let the fact that they are made in the Phillipines scare you away from some very good pistols. i am on my second American Classic and it's made in the Phillipines just like the RIA pistols. i have looked at the RIA pistols and wouldn't hesitate in buying one at all. when it comes to my firearms, i am very picky when it comes to spending my money. on a side note many of the SA 1911's are made in Brazil and i wouldn't hesitate on buying a SA for one second. if you get a chance to look at them in person, please do. i think you will be much impressed with them.

I'll find a dealer and check them out, I think Academy outdoors carries them.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #34

Quote:
I'll find a dealer and check them out, I think Academy outdoors carries them.
also check out Armscor as they are another brand of RIA and check out MAC withch is another name for MetroArms.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #35

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Quote:
Many philippino soldiers used 1911's to defend their homeland from the Japanese invaders during WWII, just think of it as a commemorative of that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 07-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #36

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Have you tried the amigo?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #37

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

I just cant get behind an eight plus one platfrom. I love having max ammo and capacitiy at all times. For a round traveling at around 870fps its a stopper however i perfer my 9mm at 1160fps and increased capacity on many different sizes amd brands. I use a Glock 17 for EDC. Saying that i enjoy the feel and the flat out way the 1911 stirs fear and recognition. There is a reason we love this firearm but i just cant stand up and say i would ever choose this over a higher cap faster round that has more penetration

Old 07-10-2012, 02:56 AM   #38

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical View Post
I just cant get behind an eight plus one platfrom. I love having max ammo and capacitiy at all times. For a round traveling at around 870fps its a stopper however i perfer my 9mm at 1160fps and increased capacity on many different sizes amd brands. I use a Glock 17 for EDC. Saying that i enjoy the feel and the flat out way the 1911 stirs fear and recognition. There is a reason we love this firearm but i just cant stand up and say i would ever choose this over a higher cap faster round that has more penetration
I can see it for a go to war gun, but for a recreational or CCW gun I think 7+1/8+1 is more than sufficient.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
Have you tried the amigo?
if i didn't have the SA Micro Compact 45, i would most definately give it a try. my next 1911 planned purchase is the RIA in 38 Super. have been wanting one for many years. then possibly another RIA in 9mm just to have my bases covered!

Old 07-10-2012, 03:18 AM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Now I'm a die hard ruger fan and considered trading my p345 for the sr1911 and have wanted a1911 for a long time now.however I checked out the sr1911 and it was small in my hands. It didn't fit me well. Try out a lot of guns man.