Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   I want a single stack .45 but I'm torn between.. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/i-want-single-stack-45-but-im-torn-between-67903/)

Wiebelhaus 07-09-2012 01:08 AM

I want a single stack .45 but I'm torn between..

The new and awesome XDs and the SR1911 So has the 1911 platform ran it's course or is it still viable? is the SR1911 a safe queen or something that you can shoot allot? I don't know, I've never shot a 1911 more than a few boxes on an afternoon range trip. Of course we all know the XD's are the cream of the crop, I have extensive experience with them but is the XDs too small to be any fun for in .45? I carry a J-frame so I'm not really all that concerned about carrying. This would be for fun and for quick access around the home.

Any input or experience with these two firearms?

blucoondawg 07-09-2012 01:12 AM

All I know is I have longed for the feel of that Ruger in my hand and it still eludes my LGS!!!

HOSSFLY 07-09-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus (Post 863971)
The new and awesome XDs and the SR1911 So has the 1911 platform ran it's course or is it still viable? is the SR1911 a safe queen or something that you can shoot allot? I don't know, I've never shot a 1911 more than a few boxes on an afternoon range trip. Of course we all know the XD's are the cream of the crop, I have extensive experience with them but is the XDs too small to be any fun for in .45? I carry a J-frame so I'm not really all that concerned about carrying. This would be for fun and for quick access around the home.

Any input or experience with these two firearms?

Single stack= 1911 = I too have never even seen the ruger :(
Double stack--- XD- Pee on the XDS :p

Wiebelhaus 07-09-2012 01:22 AM

I found a few this weekend at a gun show but the people wanted waaaaaay too much money for them but I actually got to fondle the thing and it's damn sexy, feels like a much more expensive gun, I saw our LGS there and he said he could sell me one for the 650 to 750 range.

blucoondawg 07-09-2012 01:24 AM

Yep, my buddy has an XD 45, I shot it some when I was looking to pick up an auto last summer, I couldn't hit either side of a barn with that damned thing if I were standing inside. I shot his Ruger P90 far more accurately and it was my first time shooting that. So far I have shot Glock and XD and don't like either, I haven't tried the M&P line yet I hear they have better ergos but I think the striker trigger is my problem.

I see the Ruger on many online auction sites as well, the price always seems inflated, I will wait til my LGS finally has one, probably be some time.

Wiebelhaus 07-09-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 863994)
Yep, my buddy has an XD 45, I shot it some when I was looking to pick up an auto last summer, I couldn't hit either side of a barn with that damned thing if I were standing inside. I shot his Ruger P90 far more accurately and it was my first time shooting that. So far I have shot Glock and XD and don't like either, I haven't tried the M&P line yet I hear they have better ergos but I think the striker trigger is my problem.

I've found that each technology requires different shooters technique, for instance I still can't shoot those freaking mouse guns for nothing, specifically the diamondback 380/9mm but I can with both eyes open hit center mass with snub nose j-frames every time without effort.

HOSSFLY 07-09-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 863994)

I see the Ruger on many online auction sites as well, the price always seems inflated, I will wait til my LGS finally has one, probably be some time.

The XD is a VERY accurate handgun- Won't say anymore :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...2000/45469.jpg

Wiebelhaus 07-09-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 864000)
The XD is a VERY accurate handgun- Won't say anymore :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...2000/45469.jpg

What's your favorite right there in that picture HOSS?

Axxe55 07-09-2012 01:34 AM

the Ruger SR1911 is the one pistol that many want right now, me included that eludes us due to lack of availability. also per my LGS, he doesn't seem to think that they will be available in larger numbers for several months from now. he has had three in his shop and all three sold very quickly. right now i expect with high demand and limited availability, it's a seller's market and i wouldn't doubt that many are even sold for more than MSRP.

HOSSFLY 07-09-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus (Post 864001)
What's your favorite right there in that picture HOSS?

Have to be the RIA 1911 9mm on top left :)
Next the XD 45acp---