Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   I see S&Wvs.Glock,Glockvs.XD,XDvs.S&W&Glock, ect.. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/i-see-s-wvs-glock-glockvs-xd-xdvs-s-w-glock-ect-58280/)

DodgerBlue 02-20-2012 12:33 AM

I see S&Wvs.Glock,Glockvs.XD,XDvs.S&W&Glock, ect..

Why donesn't Hk ever get mentioned in these battle of the semi-autos?

Just asking. I'm going to guess however it's the price difference.

NvRbanArms 02-20-2012 12:41 AM

Cuz they r EXPENSIVE.

NvRbanArms 02-20-2012 12:42 AM

My thoughts.

primer1 02-20-2012 12:43 AM

Imo price difference. The major battles are over $500 guns, how much does it take to start into an hk?

1HotMama 02-20-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue
Why donesn't Hk ever get mentioned in these battle of the semi-autos?

Just asking. I'm going to guess however it's the price difference.

Because the one I want (HK Elektra) costs twice as much as my Glock. That's a whole lotta ammo money :) Maybe if I'm a very good girl Santa will bring me one, but that's about my best chance right now.

Wiseman3 02-20-2012 01:25 AM

Cost is the number one reason. All the rest are under 600 you can't find a HK under 800 makes a huge difference for not a lot more as far as Eros and function. My opinion though, many may find me wrong.

SSGSF 02-20-2012 01:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Because when you have one of the best guns money can buy ! What are you going to compare it to a gun made in Bosnia these are the same people that brought you the yogo. or a square block like a glock. But these are my opinions

Attachment 39693

ZombieKiller83 02-20-2012 02:54 AM

Love H&K's! But my theory is (and some may disagree :p) the S&W's, XD's and Glocks offer similar performance for half the price. It's like comparing a mustang to an Audi R8, sure the stang has potential to keep up BUT the R8 will always get more respect IMO which makes it a not so fair comparison.

Of course there is always the H&K vs Sig battle :p

SSGSF 02-20-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieKiller83
Love H&K's! But my theory is (and some may disagree :p) the S&W's, XD's and Glocks offer similar performance for half the price. It's like comparing a mustang to an Audi R8, sure the stang has potential to keep up BUT the R8 will always get more respect IMO which makes it a not so fair comparison.

I like the way you think lol

Gonzilla 04-13-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieKiller83 (Post 714613)

I agree. Note: Glock has polygonal rifling but advises against lead ammo, HK & Kahr also have polygonal rifling but have no warning. Yet, both are above the $5-600 price level. Do you get what you pay for ? It's a personal call but my .02 is yes. ( I paid $522 for USP 45 in 1996)