Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   I ordered my Ruger 22/45! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/i-ordered-my-ruger-22-45-a-94436/)

drvsafe 07-25-2013 11:20 PM

Psyched! I got the 10158 which is the model with the replaceable grips and 5.5" bull barrel. I'm lookin forward to breaking it in. I have a variety of different .22 lr to try. What I'm not looking forward to is takedown, but just like anything once you do it a few times its easy. I was wondering if I would be able to swap the grips with any 1911 model? I am also going to get a decent optic for it, nothing too pricey.

drvsafe 08-02-2013 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally picked up my 22/45 today. Psyched. I got a chance to (try and) strip and clean it for the first time. What a task! But 3 hours and 4 swollen fingers later I managed to complete the task. It's not that it's difficult, the tolerances are quite tight and, well it IS tricky. But now I know.

Axxe55 08-02-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe (Post 1323407)
I finally picked up my 22/45 today. Psyched. I got a chance to (try and) strip and clean it for the first time. What a task! But 3 hours and 4 swollen fingers later I managed to complete the task. It's not that it's difficult, the tolerances are quite tight and, well it IS tricky. But now I know.

great choice! i have the same pistol and i am very pleased with it. they get easier the more you take them apart. the first time i did mine, my experiance was very similiar to yours!

congrats on your new purchase.:D

BTW, buy the OEM Ruger mags if you want more. i have heard some horror stories about some the aftermarket mags for the Ruger pistols.

JW357 08-02-2013 05:26 AM

Congrats on the new purchase! My wife and I have been considering another .22....

JonM 08-02-2013 01:52 PM

Congrats those things are great shooting 22's

drvsafe 08-02-2013 10:35 PM

Thanks all. Looking forward to shooting it, not looking forward to cleaning it, but its a necessary evil.
I wouldn't let it detract from owning one if you're considering a .22 pistol. The aftermarket parts are readily available and from what I have heard its a super reliable shooter!

Add to it I just snagged 250 federal LRN for $2.99 a box I know it will be a blast!

JTJ 08-02-2013 10:48 PM

Get a Bam Bushing to get rid of the mag safety. It lets the mag drop free, improves the trigger and it is cheap.
http://bushing.webs.com/

DrFootball 08-02-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe
Thanks all. Looking forward to shooting it, not looking forward to cleaning it, but its a necessary evil.
I wouldn't let it detract from owning one if you're considering a .22 pistol. The aftermarket parts are readily available and from what I have heard its a super reliable shooter!

Add to it I just snagged 250 federal LRN for $2.99 a box I know it will be a blast!

For the optic, you might want to look at the Burris fast fire series if you can't afford EOTech $$.
I'm taking my FF II off my 1911 Series 80 GC and putting on my 22/45...then we have to get the Wife either another II or a III for her Buckmark. Also found a great place for .22 ammo that also happens to carry optics: Natchez Shooters supplies in Tn...

JTJ 08-02-2013 11:05 PM

Missed the optic part. I have a Bushnell TRS25 mounted on mine. 3 MOA red dot and 3k hrs battery life. Under $100 with integral mount.

DrFootball 08-02-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
Missed the optic part. I have a Bushnell TRS25 mounted on mine. 3 MOA red dot and 3k hrs battery life. Under $100 with integral mount.

Bushnell is good as well! Might get one too! something else to test out and write up here...


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.