Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I need help picking an inexpensive first handgun please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

[QUOTE=dunerunner;561276]
One point of contention to your response. If I use my firearm to justifiably defend myself and I am sued by the family, they have to prove that my being alive and their family member being dead was wrongful. How is it that I can be attacked with the intent to take my life, and my response with deadly force is wrongful?

Don't shoot the messenger, dunerunner! All I know is what I read in the papers and hear from attorneys. My wife is Clerk of Court for 2 counties here in eastern Iowa (Linn County for 24 years) and that's the kind of nonsense the legal profession and their liberal law schools have given us. I recently heard an example of what I described on the news, but can't remember where it occurred. I will research it.

The President of the USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Association) recently offered his members a chance to participate in a blanket bonding benefit whereby the Association carries the "insurance" and members can participate in its protection for a fee. If a member is sued, his legal fees are paid through the bond (with different levels of coverage being available from $50K to $300K or more) and he is defended by a pro-2nd Amendment attorney he selected on joining.

My point is this: If the question you ask could only be decided one way by the courts (and I agree it should be decided in favor of the innocent party who defended him/her self), radical solutions like this offering by the USCCA would not be drawing 10's of thousands of participants, and no one would ever have to worry about losing their entire life's savings to some greedy scumbag. But then there's reality.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #52

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

There goes a good intellectual discussion down the crapper. I wasn't going after you, just wanted to discuss the idea.

I understand the reality, and the offer of insurance from USCCA is a great idea!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak1973 View Post
I would stay away from the S&W Sigma. I had one for two weeks and traded it away due to the extremely long trigger pull. I picked up a Springfield XD instead and have been REALLY happy with it.

I've also got a Ruger P85, which is the older version of the P95 and it's a great gun. I'm replacing the springs in it right now, but otherwise I've been very happy with it.

Final word, I would would stay away from the Sigma.
/

I dont mind mine but there is a little spring that you can take out that s&w HAD to put in there just to make it different then the Glock but it really helps with the 4 pound trigger pull lol, not bad for a cheap handgun I still shoot mine all the time and love it