Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > i need an .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ive seen multiple occasions, i referenced one in particular.. I couldn't say i owned one because i don't nor will i ever because of what ive SEEN with MY TWO EYES. IM NOT GOING OFF OF WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID OR POST IN ONLINE FORUMS. You get what you pay for, hipoints will shoot.... Poorly. Great they have good customer service whoopdy doo!!! Ive never had to send any of my guns back!! If you want a reliable tool buy namebrand, if you want a disposable toy buy hipoint..

Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #72

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3
Ive seen multiple occasions, i referenced one in particular.. I couldn't say i owned one because i don't nor will i ever because of what ive SEEN with MY TWO EYES. IM NOT GOING OFF OF WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID OR POST IN ONLINE FORUMS. You get what you pay for, hipoints will shoot.... Poorly. Great they have good customer service whoopdy doo!!! Ive never had to send any of my guns back!! If you want a reliable tool buy namebrand, if you want a disposable toy buy hipoint..
I'm not going to bash your for your opinion. Bit what I would like to ask is..

Wouldn't you rather base an opinion on your own experience?

As other have mentioned, problems occurring may have been limp wristing, poor ammo, lack of maintenance, etc...

You are basing your opinion without ever having owned or fired a hi-point. I would suggest you borrow or rent one and try it for yourself under your own conditions. Using your preferred ammo and cleaning and oiling it to your specs. Don't just bash something because of issues with others that you do not know the facts behind.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #73

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Can't really harp on Hi-Points, I've only put a few boxes down range through a 9mm. Granted they're not the greatest thing to look at but I had no problems when I shot it, and my buddy swore by it and had no problems with it either, and he had about 700 rounds through it. He couldn't stop talking about the warranty, he'd shoot my XD-40, and he'd smile real big and then shake his head and brag about the warranty some more lol. I would ASSUME (key word) that they're a safe bet given their cost, and whatever financial situation you may be in. Happy hunting, it's almost as bad as car shopping (well for me at least).

Edit: tried to make something bold while using the phone...epic fail

Last edited by XxChino13xX; 04-25-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #74
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16843 Times on 9760 Posts
Likes Given: 43911

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I'm not going to bash your for your opinion. Bit what I would like to ask is..

Wouldn't you rather base an opinion on your own experience?

As other have mentioned, problems occurring may have been limp wristing, poor ammo, lack of maintenance, etc...

You are basing your opinion without ever having owned or fired a hi-point. I would suggest you borrow or rent one and try it for yourself under your own conditions. Using your preferred ammo and cleaning and oiling it to your specs. Don't just bash something because of issues with others that you do not know the facts behind.
well said Urban! exactly the same point i am trying to make. without having owned or shot one, and only seen other peoples failures, you are basing it on what you have seen. do you know all these poeple personally to know what type of cleaning and maintenance regimen they use? what about ammo choices? now like i said before had this come from personal ownership and use, it might have more credibility. merely seeing something and reading about it doesn't make you an "expert" but a troll.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #75

Love love love my SigPro 2022 .40. $418 NIB. With night sights, three mags, carrying case and exchangeable blackstrap. Polymer frame, but half the price of a 226 or 229. Same solid performance as any Sig. Just my opinion.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #76
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdMedic View Post
Love love love my SigPro 2022 .40. $418 NIB. With night sights, three mags, carrying case and exchangeable blackstrap. Polymer frame, but half the price of a 226 or 229. Same solid performance as any Sig. Just my opinion.
I agree completely!!!!!

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #77

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

A cheap, cheap, cheap .40. Is a drilled out tube.