i need an .40 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > i need an .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #61
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21584 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603 View Post
Hi points imo are absolute garbage, they're ugly to start off with and feel even worse in your hands. There's no need to waste the money on one when you could get a s&w sigma, ruger Sr40 or a kahr for double to triple the price but you will be getting a gun that will always be reliable, much better engineered and you will get the quality cs with it if ever needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
I realize your new here, and most likely to firearms, but sometimes ( especially here) its better to listen and learn instead of just spouting, when you have logical reasoning being put to you.
so what if they are ugly! do you really think if a pistol is needed for HD, the BG is going to laugh at your ugly pistol? yeah, that makes a lot of sense! yes they are ugly, so what? every gun will fit peoples hands differently. that's a fact. no they are not the most perfect fitting pistol in my hand, but neither is a Glock. so now would you say a Glock is garbage? and IMO, the Glock is kind of ugly too, but it works, that's a fact too.

better check out the S&W Sigma and the Ruger SR series. they tend to have had some problems too. so spending twice or three times as much, doesn't gaurantte no problems either. quality CS? Hi-Point has an excellent CS and warranty and is transferable with the gun, not the owner. lifetime! so even if you were the fifth owner and it needed work, it would still be free. can others make this same claim? better check first.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
+1 to that. You have more people here saying they enjoy Hi-point compared to the nay sayers.

But I guess since we aren't "experts", our opinion doesn't matter.

Personally I'd say I am more of an expert on a hi-point compared the those that do not own one.
i don't own one Urban. but based on personal experiance and many more positive reviews than negative, i would have no problem owning one. seems as to many members on this forum alone, that own them, seem to have many positive things to say about them.

most of the negative seems to be from people who don't own one, but knew a friend of a friend who had problems with one! they didn't see it, but they heard about it!

gotta love these trolls! they make life interesting!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #63

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You idiots are trying to put hipoints in peoples hands!! Im new to forums but have owned and operated guns for quite a while and though ive never owned a hipoint (thank god) ive witnessed them fail enough to advise anyone looking for a DECENT firearm for a cheap price to look at the well known, reputable, company. So to joshoso buy a s&w, ruger, taurus, or a used glock. They will be a much better guns than any hipoint will ever be.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #64

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3
You idiots are trying to put hipoints in peoples hands!! Im new to forums but have owned and operated guns for quite a while and though ive never owned a hipoint (thank god) ive witnessed them fail enough to advise anyone looking for a DECENT firearm for a cheap price to look at the well known, reputable, company. So to joshoso buy a s&w, ruger, taurus, or a used glock. They will be a much better guns than any hipoint will ever be.
You must be daft, or just can't comprehend written text. Clearly your just a troll, and an ignorant one at that.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #65

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

You must be daft, or just can't comprehend written text. Clearly your just a troll, and an ignorant one at that.
Good day sir,,,,,, I said good day.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #66

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

I had a siigma I bought used, so I can't say how much it was really shot. But if the owner told the truth he said a little over a box. He gave me 4. Boxes of ammo with the gun. On about the fifth clip I had a round go off before completely chambering it blew the clip out and a large chuck of the frame just above my hand. But that doesn't make all S&W's pos.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #67

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Call me what you will.. Im just trying to save josh some time, money and heartache. Who is the real troll in here?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #68

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Never owned a high point, they don't really appeal to me. A friend of mine has had one for years though he's put thousands of rounds through it without any issue except when he dropped it and bent the sight, he sent in in and they had it fixed and sent back to him with an extra mag within two weeks.
They are ugly as hel but for what they cost they seem like an ok gun, might get one for my trucks tool box

Old 04-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3 View Post
i too have operated firearms for many, many years now and have seen many fail that shouldn't have and seen some that should have but didn't.

so if a person who only is able to spend say, $200 for a pistol, for HD, then they shouldn't buy one and wait until they have say $400, or $600? my budget is much higher when i purchase, but you seem to be some sort of snob along with being a troll, IMO of course. not everyone has the budget to buy higher cost pistols and Hi-Point has capitalized on this by making an inexpensive pistol with an excellent warranty backed up by good CS. by most of what i have read in the past and what i have personally seen, there seems to be way more positive reviews rather than bad, and even those who did see problems, were pleased with the warranty and service provided.

i tend see more negative responses from people from these reputable companies as you put it than from Hi-Point.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3 View Post
Call me what you will.. Im just trying to save josh some time, money and heartache. Who is the real troll in here?
when you go around stating a bunch of myths and rumours when straight up facts are presented and persist in spouting off with out any facts to support your statements, then you sir are a troll.

i have brought facts and personal experiance into this, so have many others, and you want to ignore them and keep right on stating the same thing with no facts, no supporting evidence and then expect us to think your opinion is suppose to be credible and of some sort an "expert" opinion.

now had you said, well i have owned a couple and had some problems with them, and found this just isn't the pistol for me and i would never really ever want to own another one. well that would carry way more credibility and opinion than what you have stated so far. but you never owned one, you saw one occasion where one had problems, and you did some internet research that led you to believe they are junk. yeah, i'm sure i would purchace a firearm based on your opinion and suggestions!