i need an .40 - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > i need an .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Its ok axe i'd be mad too if i wasted hard earned money on a hipoint.. Dont take it out on me though i did my research and strayed away from them. you win some, you lose some. Better luck next time

Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #52
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I agree, possible failure of maintenance. That is an issue with hi-point pistols. Most people wont bother with a field strip simply for the fact tat there is a roll pin holding the slide in place. They would rather drop some oil in it and run a patch in the barrel. There isn't anything wrong with that.. but every so often it needs to be stripped.
Urban, i have seen more problems from firearms for lack of proper cleaning and maintenance than anything else over the years. i have bought some really good guns because of it and turned a profit on them when i wanted something else. that and poor ammo will cause many problems.

like i said, even if the gun was truly at fault, it could be sent in and repaired under warranty for free.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #53

Liked 457 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3 View Post
Ok what would you compare them too? Other guns? Ok they lose again lol
what other guns you would hae to compare them to guns in there category price and what they are made for they are a cheap way to buy a gun and shoot now compare them to lorcin or bryco now jimenez they win hands down

Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #54

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Hi points imo are absolute garbage, they're ugly to start off with and feel even worse in your hands. There's no need to waste the money on one when you could get a s&w sigma, ruger Sr40 or a kahr for double to triple the price but you will be getting a gun that will always be reliable, much better engineered and you will get the quality cs with it if ever needed.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #55

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I realize your new here, and most likely to firearms, but sometimes ( especially here) its better to listen and learn instead of just spouting, when you have logical reasoning being put to you.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #56
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3 View Post
Its ok axe i'd be mad too if i wasted hard earned money on a hipoint.. Dont take it out on me though i did my research and strayed away from them. you win some, you lose some. Better luck next time
i'm not mad. i don't even own one! and if you bothered to read, you would have known that. i simply stated that i have seen them in action personally and have read way more positive reviews than negative from people who have bought them. i also stated that it would not be my first choice in buying a pistol, but if at the right time and price, yes i might purchase one. so it seems to me all you are trying to do is make rash statements without any facts or concrete details and inflame other peoples thoughts about something you have no personal experiance with. IMO, you're an idiot who doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about. have a nice day!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #57

Liked 457 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603 View Post
Hi points imo are absolute garbage, they're ugly to start off with and feel even worse in your hands. There's no need to waste the money on one when you could get a s&w sigma, ruger Sr40 or a kahr for double to triple the price but you will be getting a gun that will always be reliable, much better engineered and you will get the quality cs with it if ever needed.
i own a large variety of guns including a hipoint i buy and trade guns of all price ranges as most gun enthusiastes do,so to say go buy a smith or ruger is not good advice considering that most gun owners new and old tend to own all diffrent makes and models.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #58

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

They're popping up like weeds! ! How many bridges are around here????

Old 04-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #59

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3
So what research did you do, talk to people that actually owe one and not believe them

Old 04-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #60

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol

So what research did you do, talk to people that actually owe one and not believe them
+1 to that. You have more people here saying they enjoy Hi-point compared to the nay sayers.

But I guess since we aren't "experts", our opinion doesn't matter.

Personally I'd say I am more of an expert on a hi-point compared the those that do not own one.