i need an .40 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > i need an .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Oldsmobile went out of business too, but they made some damn fine autos I owned a few. Sorry I don't know why we are talking about cars in a fire arm forum
just a lame comparison about cars to guns!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok what would you compare them too? Other guns? Ok they lose again lol

Old 04-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3
They constantly jam!! On one occasion an older couple were shooting next to me and they couldn't go through on full mag without a jam or a false feed!
After 4000 rounds thru mine.. it has only jammed when I used some cheap Israeli ammo I found at a gun show. The guy couldn't give the ammo away. I paid $50 for 1000 rounds.. that tells you how bad the ammo was. Only malfunction ive ever had with mine except for a magazine release spring, which hi-point replaced for free and gave me a free magazine and ghost ring sights.. free shipping too. Had it back in less then 7 days from the time it left my home.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3 View Post
Ok what would you compare them too? Other guns? Ok they lose again lol
no they don't. compare them to a Jennings, a Bryco, or Lorcin or any of the other pistols in their price catagory. they are hands down way better made, better warranty and better customer service.

FTF, FTE. how do you know it was the pistols fault and not the ammo? even if the problem was the gun and not the ammo, it could have been failure to clean and maintain. an even if that wasn't the case, it could be sent in for warranty work, for free.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #45

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Their customer service sounds great!! But thats probably because they get alot of practice. lol

Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

no they don't. compare them to a Jennings, a Bryco, or Lorcin or any of the other pistols in their price catagory. they are hands down way better made, better warranty and better customer service.

FTF, FTE. how do you know it was the pistols fault and not the ammo? even if the problem was the gun and not the ammo, it could have been failure to clean and maintain. an even if that wasn't the case, it could be sent in for warranty work, for free.
Because they used some of my federals to test the ammo and it did the same thing

Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #47

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3
They constantly jam!! On one occasion an older couple were shooting next to me and they couldn't go through on full mag without a jam or a false feed!
Have you personally shot one? I wonder if the older couple were possibly limp wristing? Understand most here would not carry it, or rely on for primary weapon but just cringe at criticism without facts/examples. As of now just appears to be flaming.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #48

Quote:
Their customer service sounds great!! But thats probably because they get alot of practice. lol
you know what? i'm not going to argue with an idiot who is now starting to act like a troll! you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. i have pointed out facts and all you do is repeat nonsense over and over with no facts or concrete information. so have a nice day!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #49

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

I agree, possible failure of maintenance. That is an issue with hi-point pistols. Most people wont bother with a field strip simply for the fact tat there is a roll pin holding the slide in place. They would rather drop some oil in it and run a patch in the barrel. There isn't anything wrong with that.. but every so often it needs to be stripped.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #50

Quote:
i'm sorry but one occasion doesn't make you an "expert" either! so what it they used your ammo! how do you know the gun was properly cleaned and maintained? one occasion, jeesh, give me a break from these trolls that keep showing up here!