Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > i need an .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

S&W Sigma SW40VE $320.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/13284/S%26W+Sigma+SW40VE+.40SW+BlackStainless

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #32

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

The reason I have 2 hi points is the first one performed so well. I bought the first one because I just had to try one for the price. I am not on a budget and yes I do have higher priced guns, prettier guns, smaller and bigger guns. But I am not sorry I bought the high points and for the life of me I can not understand why people bad mouth them so much. They shoot, and that's what guns are supposed to do. Not everybody has the same taste that's why there are so many out there. I personally had a very bad experience with S&W but I'm not on here telling everyone they are crap, but I will never ever own another one. Buts that's only because I am bitter about my gun and there lack of action. I know they for the most part make fine firearms.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Im not going to get in a forum war with any of you "experts". Buy a POS if you want its your money and i have nothing to gain whether you buy one or not. I have personally witnessed these pistols fail.. Every person who bought a daewoo drove it off the lot with no problems but how many do you see on the road today? They use cheap materials to built these guns affordably. If you just want a cheap gun to keep in the nightstand this might be the one for you, but if you enjoy shooting and do it often, i suggest saving a little more money and buying something worth while.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19961 Times on 11347 Posts
Likes Given: 50323

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
The reason I have 2 hi points is the first one performed so well. I bought the first one because I just had to try one for the price. I am not on a budget and yes I do have higher priced guns, prettier guns, smaller and bigger guns. But I am not sorry I bought the high points and for the life of me I can not understand why people bad mouth them so much. They shoot, and that's what guns are supposed to do. Not everybody has the same taste that's why there are so many out there. I personally had a very bad experience with S&W but I'm not on here telling everyone they are crap, but I will never ever own another one. Buts that's only because I am bitter about my gun and there lack of action. I know they for the most part make fine firearms.
most who bad mouth them, know nothing but what a bunch of internet idiots and armchair commandos post about them. as i said before, i have heard way more good reviews than bad about them. i also think they have one of the best warranties available of any firearm made. they have their drawbacks, top heavy and clunky, definately not a pistol for CCW for sure! but they are reasonably accurate, they tend to eat just about any ammo used, and if it runs out, heavy enough to leave a good size lump on the BG's head! no, i won't be running out tomorrow to buy one, but if one used becomes available at the right price, i will probably buy it. i am a kind of right time and right price kind of person.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #35

Liked 370 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

i own one hi point strictley a range gun, but i would use it for home defeense if i had to and it is a very reliable gun, just clean and maintain,reliable i mean that they shoot very well but i do prefere other guns for my selfdefense but like it was said befor better then a pointy stick.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #36

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3
Im not going to get in a forum war with any of you "experts". Buy a POS if you want its your money and i have nothing to gain whether you buy one or not. I have personally witnessed these pistols fail.. Every person who bought a daewoo drove it off the lot with no problems but how many do you see on the road today? They use cheap materials to built these guns affordably. If you just want a cheap gun to keep in the nightstand this might be the one for you, but if you enjoy shooting and do it often, i suggest saving a little more money and buying something worth while.
Here we go with another Daewoo comparison. Funny thing is Daewoo went out of business(motor vehicles anyway) but hi-point is still manufacturing and selling their firearms...

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0L0NLAB3 View Post
i am no "expert" as you want to call me. but feel you are wrong in you assessment of the Hi-Point and feel they are not a POS as you call them. they were not made to be target pistols or to be carried concealed. they are inexpensive pistols that seem to function on any ammo fed through them and do it well. they also have one of the best warranties in the firearms industry, and that's a fact.

you said you have witnessed them fail? what failed? and why? posting such information without details and facts, sounds more like internet rumours rather than factual basis to make a determination on whether it really happened or not. post facts and details if you want to sound credible.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
Here we go with another Daewoo comparison. Funny thing is Daewoo went out of business(motor vehicles anyway) but hi-point is still manufacturing and selling their firearms...
thank you Urban! good point.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #39

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

Oldsmobile went out of business too, but they made some damn fine autos I owned a few. Sorry I don't know why we are talking about cars in a fire arm forum

Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They constantly jam!! On one occasion an older couple were shooting next to me and they couldn't go through on full mag without a jam or a false feed!

Newest Threads