Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > i need a .22 target quality automatic pistol which may be hung with a laser!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Have ya seen the new kel tec?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettButler
MrWray and Winds O.C.: the pistol was purchased for me by her grandfather. She's sentimental and they have some church friends in the first large city they live in that shoot on closed ranges. Just a little encouragement for them to take the sport.

Thanks for the ideas. I want an under-mounted laser on a .22 with a fine trigger as a practice piece. I've begun carrying a Kahr .380 with a Crimson Trace (Yes, I know, and I generally carry a real gun too- Glok 9 or S&W Mdl 19). Even practicing with a gross triggered Glock or my .44 Anaconda with a 2X Aimpoint, I start and stop each session with a nicely triggered .22.

Is there an option to mount a laser underneath one of the Buckmarks? I've not seen one
Try the Ruger Mark III. Gret pistol , mini has a red dot and it is deadly .

Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 835 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Wouldn't recommend a Mk III unless you're ready to put in a trigger kit...

Look at the S&W 22

Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #14

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Wouldn't recommend a Mk III unless you're ready to put in a trigger kit...

Look at the S&W 22
I am funny about triggers.

I have a S&W Mdl 15 revolver which I taught myself to shoot with righthanded in my early 20's. I'm correct-handed but right eye dominant. Used to take friends new to my guns, hand it to them and say,"make sure the muzzle is pointed at the berm and try it single action.' Then wathc as they shot somewhere into the berm as they were looking for the front sight.

My Ruger 10-22 which for some reason has a scary accurate barrel from the factory sports a Volquarsten trigger. My main partner in crime shot twice at a squirrel "hidden" in a tree crotch, before he got the scope on him.

Thanks pms35 and Part Two.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #15

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettButler

I am funny about triggers.

I have a S&W Mdl 15 revolver which I taught myself to shoot with righthanded in my early 20's. I'm correct-handed but right eye dominant. Used to take friends new to my guns, hand it to them and say,"make sure the muzzle is pointed at the berm and try it single action.' Then wathc as they shot somewhere into the berm as they were looking for the front sight.

My Ruger 10-22 which for some reason has a scary accurate barrel from the factory sports a Volquarsten trigger. My main partner in crime shot twice at a squirrel "hidden" in a tree crotch, before he got the scope on him.

Thanks pms35 and Part Two.
Pardon me for my apparent lack of style and my lack of manners on the Forum and apparent lack of safety with firearms. All of the people that shot either the Smith revolver or the Ruger 10/22 are veterans with firearms.

All shooters, no matter the initial experience of the revolver, went on to shoot pretty well. We shoot mostly in double action with this gun . The reason to have a delicate trigger on a revolver. The caveat to have the barrel safely down range was a precautionary warning on my part. It was probably unnecessary- but required.

My partner in crime had shoot my 10/22 maybe a 100 times and on several occasions. We had swapped several types of ammo between his 10/22 and mine using a bench. Learned the rule of finicky .22's with him. When he shot the tree twice before the squirrel, I figured he was too hungry.

“Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.”

“Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.” Col. Jeff Cooper