I just had to buy it.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I just had to buy it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default I just had to buy it.

I like to support Argentine companies that build a good product and offer good customer service. So I've always felt a bit guilty about not owning a Bersa pistol. Not only are they affordable, but they function well and the factory is only 30 minutes away from my house (and they've got a lifetime warranty). I'm also friends with the plant manager, he's the nicest guy in the Argentine gun community, yet another reason to give Bersa some of my money.

However, since I've read about lots of Bersa QC issues on Argentine boards, I always hesitated to buy one as a defensive weapon. I know that most of this problems occur with heavily abused and poorly manteined police issue guns, but still I didn't feel very confident in them.

I do like the looks of their .22s and .380s, and I've been testing one of their older .22s that a friend bought for the last couple of weeks. It works great. This guy works at a gun shop, and he told me they get used Bersas all the time, some of them like new. I told him to keep an eye out for an all steel model 23 with walnut grips.

He got one a couple of days ago, in pristine condition, for $200! I bought it over the phone without even looking at it. I'm still waiting for the paperwork (should be ready by Thursday), but I'm really happy with my purchase. It's going to be a plinking gun and a starter gun for my girlfriend's kid and a couple of friends who want to get into firearms.

Take down is really simple, fit and finish is very good (the wood stocks can use some finishing). I'll let you guys know how it runs as soon as I get my hands on it. This model was manufactured from 1989 to 1994.

This isn't my gun in the pictures, just some Bersa 23 I found through Google.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Every gun purchase is a good one if the buyer is happy. I've considered the Thunder for a good while now as another small gun for ease of concealment in the house. Do give us a range report when you get the chance.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:02 AM   #3

Franciscomv, CONGRATS!!
I too am interested in a range report when you get the chance.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Nice looking gun sir. Can't wait to see the real thing.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I should have it by Thursday, I'll let you guys know how it runs.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #6

It sounds like a good deal. Post some pics and let us know how it runs.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I just got the gun today, here are some crappy pics. I'm sorry but it's 4:30am and I just got home.

I'm taking her to the range tomorrow. I'll take some better pics.

Last edited by Franciscomv; 08-08-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations! I think you'll enjoy it. I once owned a Bersa Thunder .380 and was extremely happy with it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #9

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Congratulations on your new acquisition! enjoy it... that is a great plinker... I have a Walther PP in .22

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 08-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #10

Looking forward to a range report! Nice looking gun!

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com