I just discovered the most dangerous handgun ever!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

I just discovered the most dangerous handgun ever!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

A gun for $50 bucks should be a red flag. Do you buddy a few more favors and give him a few 101 pointers. Glad you were able catch it on time.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #12
Liked 466 Times on 289 Posts
Likes Given: 10

definatly educate your buddy some so this type of thing doesn't happen to the poor guy again

as far as most dangerous guns....i bought a jennings J22 a couple years ago just for nostalgia's sake. it was dirt cheap, (i think $50 too) and it was the first handgun i learned to shoot with, also the first one i learned to clear a jam with, again, & again. back in the 80's my grandma thought she needed a gun to protect herself & got suckered into buying it. when she told my dad she bought it, he kindly gave her the $50 (there's that magic number again) she'd spent on it & took it off her hands.

anyway, the sear was a bit worn & with standard velocity ammo it would occaisonally go full auto for 2 or 3 rounds. also when clearing a jam, if you didn't rack the slide hard enough it would light off the next round as soon as you chambered it. it's kinda funny how an unsafe gun brushes up your gun safety etiquitte REAL fast
All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It's funny you mention the Lorcin. One of my brothers in law (the black sheep one) left his semi here with my wife the other day because he said that the mag was dragging when he went to remove it and wanted me to look at it. It was a Lorcin L380. It wasn't helping that it needed oiled badly even though he swore that it was. Who knows how long it was since it was fired.

I believe retail on the L380 when it was still being produced was $139. I had heard of Lorcin back in the day, but never really saw any out there much.

I will tell one thing in favor of the Lorcin. It makes a pretty paperweight.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
There is an interesting history/ relation/ background with Raven, Jennings, Bryco, Lorcin, Jiminez and Phoenix.

About the only REAL CHEAP gun companies NOT involved with the above is the older FIE/ Excam/ RG companies- who were making and importing dirt cheap pot metal guns from West Germany in the 1960s.
C3, I don't really think the Raven can be included in the mix of horrible pistols you listed above. The Raven is cheap, but it is a reliable functioning mouse gun. I have a great bit of respect for the Gunsmith and gun writer J.B. Wood and he seemed to feel the same way about the Raven.

I got one of the little 25s in a package deal, and actually liked the gun.
"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #15
Liked 2615 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Yanno, most "rubber ducks" cost more than 50$...
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

My brother had a Jennings .22 a while back. Jammed 3 times out of the 50 rounds we brought the first time out. Then the spring broke when we tried to take it apart for cleaning.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #17
Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

My first handgun was an fie imported 22 saa clone, damn top strap broke, very cheap metal, unfortunately i paid 90 at a pawn shop. Learned my lesson on that
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
Liked 1308 Times on 756 Posts
Likes Given: 2013

The internal parts of a Lorcin were made of plastic. I saw a guy buy one, take it into the indoor range at the dealership to test-fire it. On the 5th shot it disintegrated, and threw parts all over the room. He got a pretty serious cut on his hand, was lucky it didn't hit him in the eye.