I have the coolest wife! Ever!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I have the coolest wife! Ever!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default I have the coolest wife! Ever!!!

With all due respects to everyone who thinks they have a kewl significant other, I have the kewlest! I stopped in to the local gun store on Friday, and there sitting in the case was the Sig 1911 Scorpion that I have been drooling over since they were relesed! I would have pruchased it right then and there, but because I am lazy I have not gotten a new drivers license. So I call the wife (who works in a doctors office all her feet all day) and ask her if she can meet me and buy buy it for me after she gets off work, and we can call it my anivesary present. Of course she needs a little convincing, but she does it! While they are taking care of the paperwork, I take a longer look through the rest of the display. Somehow, I missed seeing one of the "new" Baby Eagle's, compact model in 9mm sitting there staring at me! More of a joke than anything, I tell the wife all I need for now is a carry handgun and wouldn't you know it they have the one I want! She tells me no I have enough for now and we go home and start drooling over the thought of taking my gift to the range over the weekend.
The next day I meet up with some geek buddies down in Jacksonville and I spend the day down there, occaisonally call and tease the wife about how nice it would be to come home and find a new "birdie" to play with. But she says no, and tells me to have fun with my buddies.
So, day goes well, I get home, tease the wife some more, eat a quick dinner before we head to bed. I make it so far that, I have undressed and stretch across the bed, when my hand hits something under my pillow. Of course I am wondering, "what the hey," and I pull out a somewhat heavy plastic bag.
"You weren't supposed to find that yet!" The wife yells as she tries to dive across the bed and grab the bag. Well of course I snatch it away and open it up, and see a new case with the initils "MRI" on it. Sitting in that case was the Baby Eagle I had teased her about for over almost 24 straight hours and she told me I didn't need anytime soon! So of course I throw my pants back on and handle my newest gift! So, not only did she get me what I wanted (both times), she let me stop what were we doing (use you imagination) get dressed, and handle my new toy before I came back and thanked her!!! For her, she has been wanting an I-phone for awhile... I am wondering if she could use 2!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #2

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

pretty cool.congratulations on the new toys

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #3

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Just let her know every chance you get how much she means to you. We as men seem inherently to miss oppurtunities to show love to the ones we love. Congrats on the wife, the guns get an honorable mention.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #4

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

And NOT just the gun!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #5

Yea we definitely want pictures. Your a very lucky man congratulations on the new additions

Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #6

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

STRAW PURCHASE

Kiddin of course
My wife has done the same----GOTTA LUV'EM

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #7

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

You lucky SOB, 2 new guns in a 24hr period..i would have to tease and whine to my wife for 24 "months" before we could even afford 2 new toys like that. You better show that lady some love

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #8

Several years ago we were at Barrett looking at the 50cal. rifles when I told my wife that I would really love to have one. After I showed her the one I wanted, she asked what the price was. The reply was $8600.00. She then turned to me and no, let's go. So I tell her I really want it and her reply was, if you want it so bad, sell a kidney and buy it because that's the only way you'll ever own it.
I still don't own one but I have both kidneys and well heck, I didn't need one anyway.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #9

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
Several years ago we were at Barrett looking at the 50cal. rifles when I told my wife that I would really love to have one. After I showed her the one I wanted, she asked what the price was. The reply was $8600.00. She then turned to me and no, let's go. So I tell her I really want it and her reply was, if you want it so bad, sell a kidney and buy it because that's the only way you'll ever own it.
I still don't own one but I have both kidneys and well heck, I didn't need one anyway.
......lol!

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7663 Times on 4605 Posts
Likes Given: 9576

Great story. It made me smile.