I have this Colt sist.27 45cal
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

I have this Colt sist.27 45cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default I have this Colt sist.27 45cal

I have had this for about 10 years and it shoots great I only paid $200 for it. The slide is very hard to pull back to chamber a round--always has been that way. I have a Remington Rand 1911-a1 and It is not as hard to chamber a round. Is this normal or should I look into getting a lighter spring. I'll post a pic if I can get this camera and computer to co-operate.
100_0480.jpg   100_0479.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen25cat View Post
I have had this for about 10 years and it shoots great I only paid $200 for it. The slide is very hard to pull back to chamber a round--always has been that way. I have a Remington Rand 1911-a1 and It is not as hard to chamber a round. Is this normal or should I look into getting a lighter spring. I'll post a pic if I can get this camera and computer to co-operate.
All that pistol needs is some TLC. Send it to me, I'll take care of it for you!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Check the rail and frame fit and look for any burrs and other imperfections that might hang up the slide operation. Even a slight bit of rust can create problems.

What do you use to lube the rails? Rails like grease. If that's good and works well, then go to a lighter recoil spring.

After that, if you don't want to fool with it, I'll give you $201. for it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams