Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I hate waiting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I hate waiting

anyone else waiting for their pistol permit? It's like someone is dangling a carrot in front of my nose everytime I go to the gun store! I'm in CT so I can't purchase until I have a permit. What is everyone doing / done in their waiting period?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Many of us don't have to wait at all. Here in GA, I pay for the gun and take it home. Since I have a carry permit - I don't even have to wait for the NICS check at the store...

Old 04-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ya, in CT you have to take a class and test, then wait 2 months for "processing" to get the permit.

I've even thought about buying accessories before I actually have the gun LOL.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #4

Liked 103 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Here in MI you also have to get a permit to purchase handguns,but there isn't any wait.You have to take 15 question quiz at the PD that a 5 year old could ace on safe operation of a handgun or something like that and then you get the permit to buy a handgun that you take to the gunstore.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 04-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #5

Liked 7549 Times on 3285 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

Check Realtor.com for some help in selling your place, and moving down here. I LOVE to watch the expressions of the faces of folks that have moved here from up North when they stop in the local gun shop to ask how they register their guns (we don't) how long a waiting period (let the ink dry on the check for the gun, please) or where to get a pistol permit (What's that???) When they find out deer season lasts 2 months, and bag limit is 2 a day..........

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #6

I'm feeling your pain on the permit. In INDIANA you can purchase handguns, take them home, use them at the range, etc. but to carry in public you have to get a permit. I've been waiting on my permit to carry since the end of January. It's supposed to be 6-8 weeks, but who knows when it'll get here.