I guess it is on to find a USED Bersa Thunder at a good price
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I guess it is on to find a USED Bersa Thunder at a good price

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I guess it is on to find a USED Bersa Thunder at a good price

I have called every gun shop locally and checked every website. Everyone wants near new price for them used and many locally are tacking on some extra on the new prices as well. One shop wanted 375 for the basic black one.

I was just curious if gun shows are really a place to find a deal or if everything sells for market value? We have one common this weekend but I have been to several and never even bought a hot dog... Ie, do you guys end up buying at shows? Are there better resources for guns from private owners? I really wish CL would open a separate site for guns. Free everything. That would really be nice.

Last edited by fastline; 01-31-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow, I bought a new Bersa with the rubber molded Hogue style grips for $270 at Academy back in December. I don't know if you are able to shop on a military base but my Father in Law got a new Bersa for $265 out the door at the Air Base here...tax free shopping is nice.

As far as gun shows go. Every one I've been to lately is a total waste of time. Have you looked in gunbroker.com? Found several on there for less than $300 brand new.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Check some of the online gun sellers, some carry used firearms. Although you are looking for a specific make/model so the search may take some time.

This is a pretty good place to start,

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com

Good luck

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5738 Times on 2997 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastline View Post
I was just curious if gun shows are really a place to find a deal or if everything sells for market value? We have one common this weekend but I have been to several and never even bought a hot dog... Ie, do you guys end up buying at shows?
gun shows are typically a huge waste of time unless you want to see some harder to find samples in real life before buying. i like to go just to watch the tin foil hat cowd i find idiocy amusing. sometimes i buy things if someone has a super deal on a hard to find item.

ive bought several rifles and sold some unwanted guns there. rifles i buy at shows are usually ones i buy well under market i got my ruger 44 carbine at one for 200$ guy claimed it was broken asking 250 i offered 200 he took it. took it home cleaned it and worked perfectly.

i dont think he ever cleaned the poor thing.

got my cz550 in 458 lott at a show for 325$ from guy that didnt like the recoil.

just depends on luck. plus you REALLLLLLY need to know what your looking at. its easy to get ripped off at one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #5

Liked 1987 Times on 1263 Posts
Likes Given: 1081

Here in mid-Tenn., a lgs sells the Thunder .380 for $275.