Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I got to shoot my walther ppq m2 40 today and love it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts

Default I got to shoot my walther ppq m2 40 today and love it

I actually took all of these to my long over due range visit
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393628625.701020.jpg
I really shot the heck out of the walther but brought others to keep it company and compare. With this basically being my first range trip with the ppq I was surprised how accurate I was with it. This is my first target imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393628813.208530.jpg
Which isn't good but also is not bad. All shooting is at about 30 feet. My lack of practice has let my bad trigger habits pull shots left again and I will have to work on that. After a fellow range patron left I practiced draw and double taps from the appendix carry position. Not too bad for the unfamiliarity of this gunimageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393629030.696117.jpg. I did however have two user induced malfunctions. On the first two mags I had the slide lock back on half full mags. Whenever I have malfunctions I look at my grip before I clear the malfunction and low and behold my left thumb was right under the shelf of the slide release lever pushing upward, thus locking the slide back. I never had this problem before because none of my other guns have a slide release this large. So I changed my grip and shot about 300 flawless rounds down range. So I'm going to half to either change my grip to one standard grip for all my handguns or leave this to be a range gun, which I like it too much for that. I will however not carry this until I can train a little more with it. With that said this ppq is now for sure my favorite gun i own. I didn't shoot my m&p9 that well and I suspect it's because when you go from this gun to that gun and back to the m&p you really feel how bad the stock trigger is. Had I just shot the m&p alone today I would have been tearing center masses out like I normally do, but not today. My usp 45c while being a trusty reliable weapon for years really doesn't excite my anymore. While being a soft shooting mid size 45 the da trigger is just too dang heavy for me to shoot accurately with. On the other hand the sa trigger is good as any other sa polymer gun trigger. Magazine price for this model is another issue I have with it. $50 and up for the 45c while other usp series can be had for a little over $30. I didn't even shoot my glock 23 today. I just put that on the table so it doesn't feel left out. However I did carry it today. That leaves the cheapest gun on the table, the ruger sr45. Every time I take this gun out it amazes me even more. I put 100 rounds thru it and it outshot every gun I own. I highly recommend the sr series of guns as for around or under $400 this gun is hard to beat. I did notice while switching guns how there is hardly no take up in the trigger of the sr45. I shot before I really wanted to once after switching from one of the other guns to the ruger. I don't put my finger on the trigger until I'm at least willing to shoot so I wasn't in danger of a nd but none the less it surprised me once. At the end I did a shot comparison of the ppq and sr head to head and the sr still reigns supreme as my most accurate plastic pistol. While the walther is my favorite my sr45 never ceased to amaze me.imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393631580.282324.jpg

Never enough guns or ammo

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

Thanks for the report!
Now, shoot it more and get the parts to wear in.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2835 Times on 1944 Posts
Likes Given: 582

I see the Two Tone Ruger SR there as well. Is that also a 40?(mine is the 9MM) And how do they compare? I'm interested In The 5" PPQ 22 and possibly a 9MM one. I had a P5 for a number of years, and still have a collectible P-38 that was my Uncle's who bought it from another collector who brought it home from WWII...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 03-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Thanks for the report!

Now, shoot it more and get the parts to wear in.

I plan on going back in two weeks. I will shoot at least another 200 thru it then

Old 03-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #5

Default I got to shoot my walther ppq m2 40 today and love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I see the Two Tone Ruger SR there as well. Is that also a 40?(mine is the 9MM) And how do they compare? I'm interested In The 5" PPQ 22 and possibly a 9MM one. I had a P5 for a number of years, and still have a collectible P-38 that was my Uncle's who bought it from another collector who brought it home from WWII...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

No the SR is the 45. I'm interested in the ppq 22 as well. I would definitely suggest the ppq in 9 unless you like the snap of the 40. I may get the 9mm in future as well. I'm really liking the ppq and wished I hadn't looked over the p99 and passed on it so many times before. They really are great guns. I'm just really amazed at the value of the SR45. Other than 1 ftfeed on the first mag I put thru it when I first got it it's put about 700 flawless rounds down range very accurately. The SR series is one of the best bang for buck IMHO. Come on ruger where the heck is the SR45c?!?!?!

Last edited by jjones45; 03-01-2014 at 05:57 PM.