Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   I dislike the Trigger on the Glock what other pistols should I avoid. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/i-dislike-trigger-glock-what-other-pistols-should-i-avoid-15291/)

SirIsaacNewton 07-01-2009 02:22 AM

I dislike the Trigger on the Glock what other pistols should I avoid.

I love the reliability of the glock I have owned 3 but I can't stand the trigger. The feel of the trigger offends me personally. I currently use a kimber tactical carry II as my Concealed Carry Weapon. I use a Kimber Custom II as my bedside gun. I am thinking about investing in another gun and I want to go modern. I am looking for guns that have triggers more like 1911's and avoiding guns with triggers similar to Glocks. I am trying to streamline my search because I don't have a lot of friends who are into guns so I have to go to the local gun store and rent them and it gets costly and I hate wasting money on a gun when after the first shot I know it isn't what I am looking for and I could be spending it on ammo. I like the 45 acp round and I also like the cocked and locked set up.

Thank for any help you can provide.

SGT-MILLER 07-01-2009 02:48 AM

Stay away from the following pistols:

Ruger SR9

Smith and Wesson Sigma series

Smith and Wesson M&P series

Springfield XD series

You should probably stick to hammer-fired pistols (DA/SA). Pistols like the following:

Ruger P series

FNP series

CZ series

Beretta series (a little bulky, but you may like them)

Sig Sauer series

There's a lot more I can add to the list, but you get the general idea. Hope that helps.

WDB 07-01-2009 03:27 AM

I highly recomend the S&W M&P trigger for a striker fired pistol. I own three Ruger P series and a FNP and I like the trigger on the M&P better for condition one carry. It is a truly personal consideration but I think when your looking for a 45 acp it's a good option to the 1911 frame pistols. Let us know what you decide to buy.

Franciscomv 07-01-2009 04:16 AM

I don't think you'll find a better platform than a 1911 for the .45acp round. Especially since you like the single action trigger and being able to keep it cocked and locked.

However, if you want something different from your Kimbers, you might want to look at a CZ 97. I tried one out when I was looking at different .45's and I liked it a lot.

big shrek 08-21-2011 03:15 PM

Star made an awesome .45 back in the 80's/90's...:D

You can still find 'em for around $350-600, price dependant on condition.

Too bad Star closed...they made some great guns over the years.

Gojubrian 08-21-2011 04:30 PM

Zombie thread big shrek!! ?

AznZOhAn 08-21-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton
I love the reliability of the glock I have owned 3 but I can't stand the trigger. The feel of the trigger offends me personally. I currently use a kimber tactical carry II as my Concealed Carry Weapon. I use a Kimber Custom II as my bedside gun. I am thinking about investing in another gun and I want to go modern. I am looking for guns that have triggers more like 1911's and avoiding guns with triggers similar to Glocks. I am trying to streamline my search because I don't have a lot of friends who are into guns so I have to go to the local gun store and rent them and it gets costly and I hate wasting money on a gun when after the first shot I know it isn't what I am looking for and I could be spending it on ammo. I like the 45 acp round and I also like the cocked and locked set up.

Have looked at Sig Sauer, they make good guns. Nice triggers, reliable, and accurate, and they are fairly priced between Glocks and Kimbers. I have Glocks and 1911s, I agree Glock triggers are bad, but now I have Sigs also. Just some friendly advise.

AARguy 12-27-2011 09:03 PM

Beretta 96D

This 40cal POS is the worst handgun I have ever encountered. My company gave it to me, I would never have chosen it. It has no safety. To compensate for that safety-wise, they made a trigger pull that requires hitching up a mule to pull. The pull not only requires immense pressure, but you practically have to pull the trigger back into your chest before it fires. I went to a gunsmith to see if this could be modified and he said no. The weapon was designed for police who would be able to practice a lot and get used to it. It was designed to be difficult for anyone else to use.

I understand the Beretta 96D also has slide cracking and other structural stress problems. They don't make the 96D anymore. If you see a used one that looks like a good deal, back away from the counter slowly, make your way to the exit... and... RUN!!

Gh0zt36 12-28-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton (Post 123696)

You can make the Glock trigger wayyyyy better by simply pulling the trigger assembly and polishing the individual pieces. you lose about 1 lb of trigger pull and the action itself on the trigger is NIGHT & DAY smoother. add a gh0st 3.5 lb connector and it shoots like a dream

Gh0zt36 12-28-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek (Post 567278)
Star made an awesome .45 back in the 80's/90's...:D

You can still find 'em for around $350-600, price dependant on condition.

Too bad Star closed...they made some great guns over the years.

I had a Star modelo super 1911 9x24 9mm largo and wow was that gun awesome. you had to buy ammo at gunshows if you were lucky enough to find some but holy crud it had military grade flake propellant and was mill surp ammo but boy did it pack a wallop