I am in love with my $300 Glock knockoff
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I am in love with my $300 Glock knockoff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I am in love with my $300 Glock knockoff

I just scoured the net looking for tips to lighten or smooth the trigger on my new Sigma 9mm. I love the grip of the gun and the way it handles already.

I found a post from a gunsmith about what he does to fix the trigger on these. He even had pictures. I have never taken a gun apart more than the slide to clean. I had it apart and back together in 10 minutes.

I was nervous to the reliability, and further testing is needed. But....

I just went out back and spent 40 rounds. What a DREAM! The trigger is half what it was, not as long, and way easier to pull. Maybe this will help accuracy. I will need 200+ more rounds down the pipe to be sure its reliable.

I took out the springs he said to, and it was a breaze. Worst case scenario, I have to put 2 springs back in.

I even staggered the mag with 3 different types of ammo to see if any ammo would light strike. No hiccups at all.

Mossberg 835 3.5 inch, 24inch ported, Knoxx Stock
Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22
Bergo .22 revolver - handed down from Great Grandpa
Chinese SKS Matching Numbers with all extras

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Sigma is a Good Pistol. The trigger has never been an issue for me. I like mine more than my old Glock 27. Has a lot better feel to it.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 AM   #3

I just cannot shoot accuratly with that trigger. I am sure I could after time, but I am used to DA/SA triggers that are lighter.

I am going to spend a 100 box of WWB FMJ's tomorrow to be sure of reliability. After that, I will know if I will rely on this gun. I know ammo is not cheap, and my wife has reminded me all day of that. But I told her the same thing...... What good is it if I am not sure of every type of ammo in multiple situations (staggered, limp wristed, etc;

Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22

Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats on your new firearm hope you enjoy it.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps37033 View Post
I just scoured the net looking for tips to lighten or smooth the trigger on my new Sigma 9mm. I love the grip of the gun and the way it handles already.

I found a post from a gunsmith about what he does to fix the trigger on these. He even had pictures. I have never taken a gun apart more than the slide to clean. I had it apart and back together in 10 minutes.

I was nervous to the reliability, and further testing is needed. But....

I just went out back and spent 40 rounds. What a DREAM! The trigger is half what it was, not as long, and way easier to pull. Maybe this will help accuracy. I will need 200+ more rounds down the pipe to be sure its reliable.

I took out the springs he said to, and it was a breaze. Worst case scenario, I have to put 2 springs back in.

I even staggered the mag with 3 different types of ammo to see if any ammo would light strike. No hiccups at all.
Do you have a link to where this is? I have a friend that might want to do some trigger work. If its easy and he can do it he probably would. If you dont want to post up you can PM it to me. Thanks!

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Do you have a link to where this is? I have a friend that might want to do some trigger work. If its easy and he can do it he probably would. If you dont want to post up you can PM it to me. Thanks!

Here is the link - S&W .40 Sigma trigger mod - The Firearms Forum.Com

I have never taken a gun apart, and I got it on the first try. It is pretty simple, just be careful fo flying parts when taking apart springs. I would cover the parts with your hands as you do it.

Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22

Old 11-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #7

I bought a sigma 9mm (my first handgun) about a month ago and sold it yesterday. I did like it, it seemed well built and fit ok on my hand. But the trigger was aweful, it is fine for a self defense gun but I would go out shooting with friends and hitting a targert reliably was difficult. With a trigger mod it would be a pretty good gun. But I had an itch to upgrade to something a little nicer and with a better trigger out of the box. Picked up an XD9 yesterday to replace the sigma.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #8

Ok, buddy came by today with his G23. We shot both the G23 and my Sigma (with my trigger job). I have to say I actually would pay the same for the sigma and choose it over the Glock. It feels better in hand, trigger is good, and to me looks better. And from what I have seen and heard, is as reliable....... Dont want to start any wars, but just my 1.5 cents

Also, I added a chopped ball pen spring to the outer of the small spring just as insurance of the small spring popping off. Works GREAT!@!

Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22

Old 11-19-2009, 05:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
I bought a sigma 9mm (my first handgun) about a month ago and sold it yesterday. I did like it, it seemed well built and fit ok on my hand. But the trigger was aweful, it is fine for a self defense gun but I would go out shooting with friends and hitting a targert reliably was difficult. With a trigger mod it would be a pretty good gun. But I had an itch to upgrade to something a little nicer and with a better trigger out of the box. Picked up an XD9 yesterday to replace the sigma.

Before anyone else sells their sigma due to trigger, let me walk you through fixing it! Its worth a shot and $200 less than a glock, XD, or M&P. Buy two sigmas, do the trigger fix, and spend $100 more . Plus, get $100 back on rebate!!!!!!!!!

Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22

Old 11-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2947 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 262

Be VERY careful about disassembling the frame parts. The Smith armorers kit includes a slave pin to put the trigger back in. W/O the slave pin it is a biotch. As with any handgun, break in is important. The trigger will get smoother/lighter as it gets worn in. Reducing trigger pull by changing out springs on a defensive pistol is usually a bad idea.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball