I am looking for my first handgun any ideas? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > I am looking for my first handgun any ideas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, one good thing about getting a big pistol to start, you'll never worry about recoil once you go down in caliber.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 08-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #12

Liked 1019 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

I also think the Ruger MarK III (or even better the MKII if you can find a good one used) is a fine first pistol. But be ready to add a centerfire handgun soon after.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #13

A quality 9mm or 40sw is good for a first if you want something for home defense along with target shooting. Goto a range that has rentals and try em out... itll be obvious which one works best for you. Just remember you will become addicted and WILL buy a 22 eventually so you can blast away and not go broke.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #14

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Many posts on your subject on this forum.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #15

I just got a CZ P-07 duty 9mm and love it. Just had it at the range today and hand no problems right out of the box. Great feel and easy controls.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #16

Glock 23 (.40 S&W) is just about the perfect all around CCW weapon. Easier to shoot than the G27 and smaller than the G22.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #17

I got my first handgun a few days after I turned 21 (dumb MD laws) but I have been around guns and have shot alot of guns before I ever owned any so I kinda knew what I wanted and all that good stuff, now im kinda just addicted to collecting/shooting :-p but if your new to guns and havent really shot that much I would deff. get a .22 very cheap to shoot and good to learn on. I am thinking about getting my Fiance one because she is deathly scared of my 9mm and my .44 Mag. but shoot around some and look around ask people at the gun shop ect ect. mine was a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm. $399 that was the biggest reason I bought it, and crime rate has gone up and a few break ins withing a mile of my house one in day light. but I wouldnt go and spend a whole bunch of money unless you have some extra money then go ahead. Good luck!