Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > how's your 9mm ammunition supply?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default how's your 9mm ammunition supply?

yesterday i decided to buy a MK II from my gun dealer because for the love of me I can't find any 9mm load anywhere in my region(Quebec city,Canada) my dealer was suppose to get a shipment last April but he's still waiting... For you guys down south, do you have any problems with supply, starting next week I'll be a .22 shooter for awhile!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-03-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8589 Times on 3725 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Well, since Obama got elected, there has been a MAJOR buying frenzy for guns and ammo, with MANY stores having ZERO stock on shelf, gun shows being crowded, and price of ammo jumping like crazy.

However, I have been keeping a modest supply of ammo on hand (yes, one day you will see me on the evening news, will say something about HOARD and ARSENAL ) as in- good sale on 9mm? Get 2 cases. Put it in with the other- it will keep. So while there has been panic buying, I have not been buying- but AM reloading. Eventually panic will die down, and prices go back down.

And 22 is still fun to shoot. Spent morning at range trying to put several 22 bullets thru same hole at 50 meters.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I am starting to panic as I am down to my last 10,000 rds of 9mm. This just ain't right. All y'all panic buyers with 50K on the shelf irritate the heck out of me.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've been finding 9mm more often lately. I've found it at 2 different Walmarts and several different Academy's sporting goods stores. I picked up a couple of 50 ct boxes of Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJ for $9 each. Winchester 115 gr FMJ for $19 for 100ct. Monarch 115 gr FMJ for $12/50 ct box at Academy. I haven't been finding much of the good stuff still, but ammo is becoming less scarce in TX.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #5

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

All I have is one box (50 rounds) of Magtec and that's it. I am really getting aggravated with all the hoarders out there, and the gun store owners in the area that sell it at a 30% markup when they do get it in limited supplies. I am about ready to break down and start buying the higher end personal defense ammo instead of waiting for the cheaper target ammo since there is still a plentiful supply of it around these parts.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 07-03-2009, 04:01 AM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I am starting to panic as I am down to my last 10,000 rds of 9mm. This just ain't right. All y'all panic buyers with 50K on the shelf irritate the heck out of me.
Imagine how those of us with a mere 100 rounds feel!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have a .40.

Rounds have been trickling in to wal mart stores again.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #8

Default ammo supply

mr divingfroggy, yes ammo hoarding has been absurd. i buy ammo in bulk from distributors. these distributors are all out and i think that i know where most of it went. my local gun store has cases of ammo stacked to the ceiling throughout the store. they bought it from the distributers in a buying frenzy in anticipation of huge taxation increases proposed by mr obama during his campaign. local gun stores now hope to reap large profits by selling this ammo at higher prices. luckily i predicted this event, and stocked up early. however, i have friends that did not anticipate this situation and want ammo at fair pricing. time will tell what market acivity happens. maybe this buying frenzy will dissolve and ammo will be fairly priced soon. good luck. jeff. ps, may you tell me the origin of the name divingfroggy?

Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #9

well Jeff, in the early '70's i was in the navy and the only french speaking diver onboard and we had some really dumb redneck that found that name just to try to p... me off but I tought that it sounded good and since then I allways used it (CB handle, net name ect) just to spite them and it worked.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #10

I have about 2k.........

"In God We Trust"