Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   How would you feel? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/how-would-you-feel-23047/)

Highpower 02-04-2010 11:39 PM

How would you feel?

A couple of other threads got me to thinking about this, so I thought I would ask how you would feel in this situation.

Here's the scene: You are shooting at a local pistol range. Along comes another shooter who sets up on the last lane (right side) of the range. As the other shooter starts blasting away at his target, you notice another pistol he is carrying in a small of the back holster. The gun sits horizontally, grip up, with the muzzle facing to his left side. Cocked and locked.

In other words, the muzzle is pointing directly at YOU the whole time......

The official range rules say that all handguns must be unloaded and locked open during cease fires UNLESS they are holstered, so technically he's not breaking any range rules.

How many of you would be totally comfortable in that position of having the gun lined up on you for the duration?

CA357 02-04-2010 11:48 PM

I would not be happy and would ask that he remove it or arrange to not have it covering me. :rolleyes:

Franciscomv 02-05-2010 12:53 AM

While I know the gun won't go off by itself, I'd approach the gentleman and politely ask him to point it in a safe direction. Or maybe just ask him to switch lanes with me so his pistol is no longer pointed at me.

MoHawk 02-05-2010 12:57 AM

I wouldn't have a huge issue with it to be honest.

lonyaeger 02-05-2010 01:01 AM

He needs to abide by range rules and I would have a HUGE problem with it. If the guy gets pissed that you ask him to observe the rules....he shouldn't be there in the first place.

Safety first!!!

Mr. Bluesky 02-05-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 224823)
He needs to abide by range rules and I would have a HUGE problem with it. If the guy gets pissed that you ask him to observe the rules....he shouldn't be there in the first place.

Safety first!!!

This.

ten

MoHawk 02-05-2010 01:02 AM

I thought he wasn't breaking any rules....

MoHawk 02-05-2010 01:03 AM

[QUOTE=Highpower;224777]

The official range rules say that all handguns must be unloaded and locked open during cease fires UNLESS they are holstered, so technically he's not breaking any range rules.

QUOTE]

Dzscubie 02-05-2010 02:54 AM

Th holster is called the SOB (small of the Back) and I have one I use with my 4516. That being said it is supose to be a concealed holster designed to be carried concealed and not in the open. I would not carry it to a range where I would sweep other shooters out of range curtesy. I would ask him to make his weapon safe while on the range and If he gave me a negative response I would leave the range rather than cause a scean, however I would explain to the range offcials why I was leaving.

Then I'd remove the cores from his tires on my way out of the parking lot... hey, I'm human! :cool:

NYPD13 02-09-2010 02:12 PM

As long as the shooter wasn't drawing that second pistol then the safest place is in the holster. If it was there simply as his carry piece then this is a non issue. If the shooter was using both and drawing from a holster which covers others than politely speak up, it's not rude to share your knowledge of safety.