Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > How Bout You Light Me Up A SIG?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

an interesting turn in the thread....

let me start by saying, I am a sig lover.

My first handgun was an XD 40 service model. I hated the DAO trigger, and never pointed naturally from the draw (didnt really look for that when I was purchasing it). I practiced getting on target from the draw and just never got comfy with it.

glock does nothing for me grip angle was wonkey for me.

ruger neither (like their rifles and revolvers though)

love 1911's but the cost gets high if you try to compete with the reliability and accuracy of the modern semi autos (although I struck gold with a Dan Wesson CBOB for $800 a couple years back, now selling for $1400ish)

My next "shot" was a 226 elite 9mm. I was in love. felt great in the hand, pointed naturally and accurate as could be. and the DA/SA was smoother than I would have imagined

I now have 5 sigs acquired, and love them all (all of which hold their value where I'm from). I love how easy they are to disassemble and clean. Love their reliability (i am torture testing my x-5 tactical and have 1000 rounds through it without cleaning, and it's still in the xring at 10-15 yards with no malfunctions...) cant ask for more than that.

I'm not sure what the criteria for having a specialized area for them in this forum, but I vote for a sig area.

different grips, sights and bore axis work differently in others hands.

sig works for me.

Last edited by triggernick; 02-13-2011 at 09:20 PM.