How Bout You Light Me Up A SIG? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > How Bout You Light Me Up A SIG?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

thanks guys, i was feeling kinda left out. Glock's are gettin love, 1911's (even though they're all makes and models) are gettin love, and even the XD's are gettin love.................just had my lip pooched out. LOL

they are high dollar, but you get what you pay for right? that's always been my motto. i know there are a lot of quality pistols out there for cheaper, but it felt really REALLY good when i held it, and it shot like a dream right outta the box.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
So let me get this straight. You sell a gun for say $299 and then the person that buys the gun at your shop (I assume you have a shop as you use the word customer) turns around and sells the gun for more than they paid? Why wouldn't everyone just buy the gun for $299 at your shop?

Something sounds really, really fishy about this to me. Maybe your customers are selling guns to folks that can't buy them in a shop - yeah, I'd post that on the internet for all to see. It also appears that you know your customers are selling guns at a profit, I guess straw purchases aren't a problem in Arizona...

No Fish,
I sell guns for revenge, profit is of course made, but very little. It is unfortunate for the rest of the dealers in the gun show, but fortunately for them I don't do most of the gun shows. Since Arizona is a Free State considering gun ownership, there has become a split way of thinking by many folks who are paranoid of our magical gov't. These folks want to stay under the radar, and therefore they do not purchase guns from licensed dealers, only second-hand from a private sale. To an FFL like myself the idea seems laughable, but nevertheless it is true. So, at every gunshow that I go to, huge crowds form in front of my tables, in fact even when some poor sap has a table across from mine, going out of business maybe with even lower prices
than mine, he will never be noticed due to the crowd mentality that is taking place in front of my setup. As I say at the shows, I am a Locksmith and I already got paid this week. Anyhow my original point still is that for most every gun I see sold at my tables, there is a guy (or many) with a sign selling the exact same gun for at least $50 to $200 higher than my own price on a Brand New Gun of the exact same model. I have been selling in this way now since May 06, when I received my first FFL. And, the only gun that I have seen losing value is: Sig Sauer
Sorry if it makes you feel bad, maybe in your less gun free state people feel differently, but here in Arizona Sig Sauer is a Loser Dollerwise.
Personally, though I have never had a Sig in my collection, I always thought they were a fine quality firearm. I can only speak of what I see & experience though.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #13

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

^Ummmm OK....what revenge are you talking about? Actually, just what are you talking about in general. Crowd mentality, something about a Locksmith, guys selling at lower prices than you being ignored, SIGS are the only gun loosing value, etc. I'm super confused now.

OP: I would like a SIG forum too

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
thanks guys, i was feeling kinda left out. Glock's are gettin love,...
No, that's just a place for ranting about how bad Glocks suck.
LOL!
XDFTW

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

For those of us that have actually owned and shot Sigs, I suspect we're pretty happy with them. Like everything else, we all have platforms we like and those we don't like - that's why there is more than one brand of gun...

Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5997 Times on 3138 Posts
Likes Given: 428

sigs are fine guns ive had two got one left i wont part with. i think they are a little over priced but thats due more to importation issues.

sigs hold value just as well as any other used gun. the p226 9mm i sold a few months ago went for 95% of the blue book value. did i lose money on it?? nope i had my fun with it and got back a good bit of money and bought 2 other handguns for the price of the sig.

but generally i dont buy a gun with resale in mind. i buy them because i wanted em. maybe i like em maybe not. if i dont i end up selling it and getting something else.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Very nice looking gun. I dig the light.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:49 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
No Fish,
I sell guns for revenge, profit is of course made, but very little. It is unfortunate for the rest of the dealers in the gun show, but fortunately for them I don't do most of the gun shows. Since Arizona is a Free State considering gun ownership, there has become a split way of thinking by many folks who are paranoid of our magical gov't. These folks want to stay under the radar, and therefore they do not purchase guns from licensed dealers, only second-hand from a private sale. To an FFL like myself the idea seems laughable, but nevertheless it is true. So, at every gunshow that I go to, huge crowds form in front of my tables, in fact even when some poor sap has a table across from mine, going out of business maybe with even lower prices
than mine, he will never be noticed due to the crowd mentality that is taking place in front of my setup. As I say at the shows, I am a Locksmith and I already got paid this week. Anyhow my original point still is that for most every gun I see sold at my tables, there is a guy (or many) with a sign selling the exact same gun for at least $50 to $200 higher than my own price on a Brand New Gun of the exact same model. I have been selling in this way now since May 06, when I received my first FFL. And, the only gun that I have seen losing value is: Sig Sauer
Sorry if it makes you feel bad, maybe in your less gun free state people feel differently, but here in Arizona Sig Sauer is a Loser Dollerwise.
Personally, though I have never had a Sig in my collection, I always thought they were a fine quality firearm. I can only speak of what I see & experience though.
The jest I'm getting is you have a FFL then go to gun shows and sell as private party? I don't know what the whole "revenge" thing is about and honestly would prefer you don't express it.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Revenge Bill? Really, WTH?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

DA/SA. Not a fan.
Hate the DA
Love the SA

Reason I. Haven't purchased a sig.