Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Holster help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Holster help!

Finally picked up a .45 for the collection that was not a 1911. I broke down and bought a polymer gun. My first one ever if you don't count the Beretta Neos. Even that is not truely a full polymer gun.
The new gun is an FNH .45 Tactical. A The range sessions have been very good and I am pleased with my non-1911 purchase.
Now my problem is finding a good holster for it. I found a thigh holster that I was able to remove the holster from and adapt to a belt mount. I would like to find a holster made specificaly for it. FNH has a "starter pak" for it but I am having problems finding anyone who has one in stock. I'm also a leather holster fan and have visited all the leather holster sites. Bianchi, Galco, DeSantis, El Paso among a few others.
Can anyone direct me to someplace that might have a holster for this gun?
Thanks for any useful direction you can send me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Just google up leather holsters and go to it. Some of the best are High Noon, Mitch Rosen, TT Gunleather, R Grizzle, and a lot of others. Some are expensive but usually well worth it. Some have long wait times but usually they are well worth it as well. I have been using a Mitch Rosen for my PPS. I recently ordered two from TT Gunleather - for my PPS and my PM9. I also just ordered a custom high ride pancake from R Grizzle for my Springfield EMP. Do your research, read the reviews, have fun, and good luck.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 11-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Check Milt Sparks & Don Hume as well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #4

Visited the recommended sites and so far none list a holster for the FNH .45 Tactical. I suppose I could get one custom made. Of course then I might be the one paying for the prototype work.

Just hoped to find one already out there.

The search continuies!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #5

Have you compared your pistol to others to see if a more popular model is very similar in shape and dimension? I have an HK that fits well (although not perfectly) in a holster made for my Sig P226. I don't know if Ryan Grizzle is on this forum but he is a regular on Sigforum. If you don't get a response from his website I'm sure you could communicate with him there. Your "prototype fee" shouldn't be any more than the cost of the blue gun they use to make it. Good luck, Kevin

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.
Winston Churchill

Old 11-19-2010, 04:34 AM   #6

Default Leather Holsters

I get most of my holsters from Kirkpatrick out of Laredo, Tx. They have a web site, ship quick, and are very resonable in price. If using there web site to order and you cant find what your looking for just give them a call on there 800 number. I haven't had a pistol yet that they couldn't form fit yet.