Hk p30s - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Hk p30s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHSBulldog06 View Post
Anybody on here got one? I have just about talked myself into getting the P30S in 9mm in variant 3. I've never had a DA/SA only SA, but I held this one and it seems like it would be a good'n. I've also only heard good things about it, anyone got anything they don't like about it besides the price tag?
You'll hear negative things by spiteful HK hating trolls!
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you

Other than that, some people find the trigger pull and take up rather heavy and long but, hey, it's a service pistol.

H&K make quality products and to my knowledge it doesn't have subparts made in the Phillipines, and it's made in Germany (not sure if the U.S. plant is pumping them out yet) and typically most products exported out of Germany are pretty expensive. It all adds to the price tag.

They're no better or worse than other top quality firearms. By that I mean to say that after a certain quality and price point it has to do with the skills of a shooter. Like a top golfer could take a cheap Wally World golf set and score an eagle on a par 5. And, yes, part of owning an H&K involves owning the mystique of the brand like a BMW.

Like the USP, the P30/P30L is based on the Browning design and even shares the same grip angle like a 1911 instead of, say, Glock which has a more angled grip. The "S" (P30S/P30LS) goes one step further and places the controls similar to the 1911 configuration. This isn't a coincidence since I read there was a lot of American influence in the design of the USP on which the P30's are based. Well if you want to get academic you can say the P30 is based on the P2000 which is based on the USP.

It's also one of the few guns out there that sports BOTH a decocker and frame mounted safety making it adaptable to different carry conditions.

Last edited by misterballistic; 01-16-2011 at 12:06 AM.