HK Mag Release

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > HK Mag Release

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default HK Mag Release

Why is it so lame?! I freaking love the pistols but can't reach it effectively with my thumb. Does anyone know of an aftermarket mag release that can help someone with small hands?

(I've only fired the fullsize USP .45, so I don't know if the compacts are easier to reach or not)

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The compact is the same just has a shorter barrel and handle. You might wanna try using your index or middle finger.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
The compact is the same just has a shorter barrel and handle. You might wanna try using your index or middle finger.
Someone else suggested that, but I don't want to mess with the muscle memory I've established. I'm issued a Glock and have been shooting them for years along with 1911s and Sigs, and I'd like to avoid any drastic changes.

Maybe the HK just isn't for me, but I'd love to find a way to make it more 'normal'.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 08-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #4

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSpeed View Post
Someone else suggested that, but I don't want to mess with the muscle memory I've established. I'm issued a Glock and have been shooting them for years along with 1911s and Sigs, and I'd like to avoid any drastic changes.

Maybe the HK just isn't for me, but I'd love to find a way to make it more 'normal'.
Actually I like the HK mag release. It is fast and positive once you learn how to manipulate it. I too use the two finger method and it works great. I go from a HK P2000 to 1911s to Walther PPS to Glock all the time and have never had any problems with the different systems. As long as you spend anough time with them your brain will do the right thing with the right gun in your hand.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 AM   #5

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Been carrying my HK USP .45 24/7 for close to 10 years now, with never an issue but then I have big hands...

Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
Been carrying my HK USP .45 24/7 for close to 10 years now, with never an issue but then I have big hands...
You're lucky, I've got these stubby little sausage fingers. Looks like someone glued a pack of Jimmy Dean Brown-n-Serves to my hand.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSpeed

You're lucky, I've got these stubby little sausage fingers. Looks like someone glued a pack of Jimmy Dean Brown-n-Serves to my hand.
That's too funny to comment, lmfao.